Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
**Qualifications:** Required Experience:
• Eight (8) or more years of experience in the area of Information Systems Engineering/Systems Analysis.
• Working knowledge of UNIX/Linux.
• Experience with requirements analysis and systems specification.
• Experience with producing system requirements and software requirement specifications and interface communications documents using APIs.
• Experience in executing project life cycle requirements analysis, system design, development, integration and operational maintenance within an Agile environment.
• Experience with hardware/software integration and testing.
• Strong communication, verbal and written skills.
• Ability to work well with a dynamic, fast-paced and highly skilled team.
• Demonstrate an ability to build and maintain strong relationships with the other teams, especially with software developers.
• Knowledge of ACARS, datalink protocols and a good understanding of telecommunications is desired.
• Knowledge of database technologies with Oracle, Postgres.
• Experience with a requirements management tool like Enterprise Architect or DOORS.
• Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related Engineering fields, or relevant years of experience.
**Job #:** 16657BR
**Country:** United States
**FT/PT:** Full Time
**Job Description:** At Rockwell Collins Information Management Services “IMS” (formerly ARINC), it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins IMS as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins IMS and help shape our future while creating yours.
ARINCDirect, located in Annapolis, Maryland is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to support the Flight Support Services division for the Business Aviation portfolio.
In this role, the Senior Systems Engineer must be energetic, creative and a highly motivated individual to support a broad array of engineering, integration and strategic initiatives for the growth of the ARINC Direct business.
The candidate will be expected to learn about current features and services and take on the internal customer role for defining and documenting external customer business requirements. The candidate will be expected to design solutions, translating business requirements into technical requirements and document those requirements to a level which can be used for software design.
The candidate will act as a project engineer/manager responsible for planning and executing certain tasks from start to finish.
The role will also encompass involvement at all stages of the software lifecycle which include:
• Capture, analyze, document and manage requirements, ensuring full traceability between all levels of requirements and associated documentation.
• Complete the documentation in the form of requirements, approach, test (RAT) document.
• Use technical information produced by the Software Engineers to write technical documentation that is suitable for the Customer.
• Conduct system acceptance tests to qualify deployment to the production system.
• Manage and perform all post deployment activities to ensure that the system is correctly functioning.
We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At Rockwell Collins IMS, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that’s just for starters. Day one kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, and vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 6%, a Roth 401(k) option, and educational assistance. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
**Amount of Travel Required:** 0%-25%
**EOE Statement:** Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job, contact: