Full Time Employee Contractor
ManTech is seeking an experienced Instructional Systems Designer to serve as a member of a small, multi-disciplinary team providing technical expertise and project management support to training technology development efforts. The successful candidate will leverage their expertise to identify, prioritize, and execute projects that satisfy requirements for the rapid development and delivery of combating terrorism-related education, training, and mission performance support products and technologies. This support shall encompass the project life cycle from proof of concept through operational evaluation. General responsibilities include:
• Gather user requirements, perform market research in the applicable technology domain (training technology/human performance), assess technologies/solutions and present them to the operational community for further evaluation/assessment.
• Assist in the development of Broad Area Announcements (BAA), prepare Statements of Work and evaluate white papers and proposals.
• Identify and select Subject Matter Experts possessing the requisite technology domain competencies from the government and commercial sectors.
• Coordinate and conduct cross-agency/multi-disciplinary working group meetings comprised of subject matter experts, operators/end users, first responders, decision-makers and technology providers.
• Maintain formal and informal communications with working group members, contractors and management.
• Develop programmatic documentation including reports and presentations.
• Define project schedules/budgets, establish program measures of performance, conduct contract and task management and monitor technology contractors’ program and financial execution using an automated system.
This position requires understanding of the technology development environment. The candidate shall possess, relevant experience in project management, project management support or analysis. Experience in the development of training technology, simulations and simulators, gaming and computer based instruction is required. Operations research and systems analysis experience is helpful. Experience in human performance enhancement and adult training methods is desired. The TTD program analyst works with trainers and decision makers in providing training to support new systems or capabilities.
The PA will ensure the successful delivery of training, mobile learning, and human performance technologies to address training needs, optimize human performance, increase mission readiness, and enhance operational capabilities for the Combating Terrorism community. The PA will leverage ongoing research and innovation from Government, industry, and academia to recommend and drive the development of novel training and performance improvement solutions including but not limited to simulations, virtual and augmented reality, and mobile applications.
List of specific functions
This position will be working in the area of Training Technology Development (TTD) at an OSD level organization. The candidate will be responsible for both general project management and requirements identification for training products used by the interagency community. This position involves: (1) collaboration w/ internal and external stakeholders to communicate project data, status, tech. needs, risks and opportunities; (2) the use of basic knowledge of Government procurement and acquisition systems and procedures; (3) monitoring and reporting project commitments, obligations, expenditures, contract performance, and program status execution to include milestones, schedule and cost, conduct related analysis, and track financial and technical metrics; (4) briefing senior executive audiences and forums; and (5) working across operational disciplines.
The majority of the work will be performed on site at a Government facility in Alexandria, Va. Travel will be required, but will not typically exceed 25%. Travel may be performed in support of working groups, conferences, program reviews, conferences, and presentations.
Requirements: The candidate must have, at minimum,
• Master’s Degree in Instructional Systems Design, Psychology, Instructional/Educational Technology, Human Performance Technology, Organizational Performance and Workplace Learning, Simulation Engineering, or equivalent degree/experience.
• Knowledge of various Instructional Models and Training Needs Analysis/Requirements Identification
• At least 10 years of experience in development of mobile learning, instructional design, and/or training technology.
Other Skills Desired: This position requires demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, effective decision-making, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Instructional and/or instructional design experience with military, intelligence, first responder groups
• Project Management Experience – Experience Managing project finances
• Experience writing and/or evaluating contract documents such as statements of work, technical evaluations, CDRLs, and independent government cost estimates.
Clearance: Secret is required - eligible for TS/SCI
To apply for this job, contact: