Full Time Employee
Ballistic Missile Defense Senior Engineer (Job Number:419896)
SAIC has a job opening for a Senior Systems Engineer to support the Training & Simulation Service Line in McLean, VA. Candidate will work as a modeling and simulation analyst in support of the Missile Defense Agency Director of Systems Engineering. Physical work location is located in McLean VA in SAIC offices.
Job Description/Responsibilities: *T&S*
- Candidate will provide analysis support for the Missile Defense Agency architecture studies.
- Candidate will be expected to support the customer in a fast paced environment with modeling assessments and products.
- He/She will lead and support study teams and perform the following activities: problem identification, study planning, data collection, data consolidation, model setup, model execution, data extraction, data analysis, study briefing generation and presentation.
- Current understanding of the MDA systems engineering process and leadership.
- Knowledge of the MDA Architecture office and study requirements is required.
- Demonstrated ability to support MDA/DEB study leads with developing study plans, trade space, identifying gaps and evaluating solutions.
- Candidate will be focused on leading analysis teams and interfacing with MDA leadership and study leads.
- Participates in systems engineering activities which include: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering, Validation and Verification, System & Operational Performance Analysis.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college/university in engineering, physical science, computer science, operations research, mathematics, or other technical fields is required.
- Bachelor's and nine (9) years or more of related experience. Master's and seven (7) years of more of related experience. PHD and four (4) years or more of experience.
- MATLAB coding
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiar with/have experience with elements and segments which comprise the Missile Defense capabilities. In particular, it would be a plus if the candidate has experience in one or more of the following element areas; weapons systems; sensor systems; and/or BM/C3 and platforms.
- A programming background with MATLAB, C++, Java or Fortran would be a plus.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix commands would be helpful.
- *Security Clearance Requirements: Active Top Secret preferred or ability to obtain**
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 16, 2016, 8:43:47 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: