Full Time Employee
SW Systems Engr Principal (Job Number:419913)
JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is currently seeking qualified candidates to serve as a Software Systems Engineer IV. This position is located
in Quantico, VA. The Marine Corps Training and Education Command (TECOM) has a requirement for technical and
professional services support across a wide range of subject areas relating to assisting in key educational and planning
issues, policy, training, and product development.
General duties will include providing support for the following activities:
• Assisting in the development of curricula and media for formal USMC schools;
• Assisting in the development and/or use of assessment methodologies, tools, and processes to validate the effectiveness
- f curricula and training programs/plans;
• Assisting in technical support for training programs/plans;
• Assisting in training instruction;
• Assisting in program operations, management, and external communications;
• Assisting in strategic planning;
• Assisting in policy, technical, and analytical reviews; and
• Assisting in research, design, and production of documentation and materials.
Specific duties will include providing support for the following activities:
• Planning and executing complex software engineering activities
• Functioning as the technical lead for design-to-cost and life-cycle activities for small to medium-scale projects
• Performing technical planning, software systems integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability
and effectiveness for total software systems.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA in related field and 9+ years of progressive experience; advanced degree is preferred.
- Candidate may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance up to the level of Secret
- USMC background is desired.
- Proficiency in computer applications, languages, configuration management, troubleshooting, and/or software systems
- Candidate must possess well developed communication skills and the ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly and
concisely in both verbal and written formats. Must be capable of multitasking and working several complex and diverse
tasks with simultaneous, or near simultaneous deadlines in a dynamic, fast paced and demanding work environment.
Candidate must possess highly refined organizational and administration skills. Candidate must be reliable, punctual,
trustworthy and exceptionally conscientious. Must be team oriented, and have the ability to positively interact with diverse
groups of people to achieve common objectives. SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 16, 2016, 2:28:06 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: