Full Time Employee
Senior Scientist - EO/IR Sensor Systems (Job Number:419880)
JOB DESCRIPTION: *T&S*
SAIC has a job opening for an EO/IR Scientist/Engineer to support the Systems and Technology Solutions Business Unit in McLean, VA. Candidate will work as a modeling and simulation engineer in support of the Missile Defense Agency Director of Systems Engineering. Physical work location is located in McLean VA in SAIC offices.
The Analysis, Concepts Exploration & Systems Engineering Division is looking for a Mid to Senior level Scientist/Engineer to provide analysis support for the Missile Defense Agency architecture studies. Candidate will be expected to provide EO/IR surveillance and discrimination phenomenology model development and analysis. The candidate will lead our modeling and analysis efforts in these areas and be responsible code development and modification of our existing discrimination software, EO/IR focused systems analysis briefing generation and presentation.
Bachelor?s degree with 10 years of relevant programming experience
- In-depth understanding of EO/IR sensor systems (tracking and discrimination) and seeker performance.
- Knowledge of FORTRAN Strong math skills necessary to develop and understand complex, state-of-the art algorithms
- Strong programming skills, generation/modification, for new and existing codes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively on a team and build effective relationships
- Candidate must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Master?s degree with 10 years specific experience in IR Discrimination and seeker performance 10 years of relevant programming experience.
- Experience with elements of Missile Defense capabilities in the following areas; Weapons IR seeker systems; EO/IR sensor systems.
- Knowledge of C/C++/Matlab/Mathematica/Scripting languages is desired
- Experience in Laser directed energy weapons
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix commands
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 16, 2016, 11:08:47 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: