Full Time Employee
Senior Information Systems Engineer (Job Number:419963)
SAIC is seeking a Senior Information Systems Engineer in Stuttgart, Germany.
- Preform Senior Information Systems Engineer (ISE) duties for a large, complex task order supporting more than 60 sites throughout Europe.
- Lead engineering related functions and tasks in support of the SAIC Project Director and various teams conducting survey, engineering, technical support, installation and testing throughout Germany and Europe.
- Perform enterprise wide horizontal integration planning. Interfaces with other functional and business areas in support of the USAISEC and DISA wide upgrade efforts.
- Support full oversight and program execution plans for teams and leads on the task order; specific technical oversight includes but is not limited to: technical requirements for system engineering, technical evaluations, Technical Working Group meetings, on-site technical support, equipment acquisition support, and implementation support for Global Transport to include Internet Protocol (IP) backbone routing technology refreshment and installation of Provider Edge (PE) or Customer Edge (CE) routers or a combination of such routers installed in support of the transport upgrades.
Travel: Up to 75% European expected.
Required Education and Experience:
- Must have a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical, computer, or electronics engineering from an ABET accredited institution and at least ten (10) years of experience
- Active SECRET security clearance; however, candidates can start fulfilling this work with Interim Secret clearances for a maximum of 90 days.
- 10 years of experience in systems development and systems engineering.
- Must have a background in Army ISE and Technical Support to include engineering support and installation support.
- 5+ years’ experience supporting 2 or more of the specific engineering support and installation support areas listed below:
AC and DC power systems to equipment
Carrier systems including: IP/MPLS routers and Multi-Service Provisioning Platform (MSPP) equipment
Communications Security (COMSEC) devices, which include: KIV-7Ms, KG340s, KG345s, KG175As, OTU encryption (WSE)
Infrastructure Installation/Support (Equipment bays, grounding and signal & fiber cable ways)
Candidates who apply should have experience supporting engineering, technical support, or installation in 2 or more of the below areas:
1. Carrier Systems. This shall encompass multiplexers, ATM Switches, Synchronous Optical Network (SONET) Nodes, Transmission Security (TRANSEC) and Management and Control (M&C) requirements. The Contractor shall determine software configurations within system components to ensure mission requirements are met, to include modem settings, multiplexer configurations, and TRANSEC strap settings, as well as provide expertise in end-to-end troubleshooting of both test and operational missions.
2. Internet Protocol (IP)/Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) Systems. This shall encompass Service Provider routers and components, to include but not limited to, Cisco and Juniper Service Provider routers and switches.
3. Transport Systems. This shall encompass the fiber optic multiplexers, encryption, and the connection of IP Routers and other Carrier Systems such as SONET into the OTS systems and the Global Information Grid (GIG).
4. General Communications Equipment Installation. Have installation team chiefs who understand the basic installation standards taught in the [define] BIC course or outlined in [define] BICSI and Telcordia standards. Such standards include, but are not limited to, installation of equipment racks on raised and solid concrete floors, to include securing the rack in accordance with local area earthquake requirements; leveling equipment racks; providing airflow cutouts; installation of equipment in racks; and dressing of all intra-rack cabling. This also includes installation of cable ladder (overhead and subfloor); installation of C- Channel on concrete floors and walls of varying materials; and dressing of inter-rack cables. Connections to power panel main circuit breakers will be required.
4.1. Cable Fabrication. This includes, but is not limited to, fabrication of MIL-SPEC power cables, coax cables of various connector types (N, BNC, TNC), data cables (to include RS-530 other special fabrication assemblies), and Ethernet cables. This shall also include testing of all cables fabricated on site using the appropriate test equipment and tools.
4.2. Fiber Optics. This includes, but is not limited to, installation of fiber optic cables (multi-strand and simplex/duplex jumper cables) in external manholes and within a communications facility. This shall also include experience with cutting, stripping and terminating individual fibers; high level of experience with the use a fusion splicer; performing power loss tests; and dressing fiber cables and jumpers while avoiding exceeding the minimum bend radius
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 7, 2016, 1:17:57 PM
Primary Location: Germany-BW-STUTTGART
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 75% of the time
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: