Full Time Employee
Help Desk Support Specialist (Job Number:420014)
SAIC has a job opening for a Help Desk Support Specialist to work at our customer site in San Diego, CA.
- The Help Desk Support Specialist will provide technical support and troubleshooting for Tactical Networks In-service Engineering Activity supported networks to fleet system administrators and maintainers.
- Responds to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, electronically.
- Diagnose and resolve basic technical hardware and software issues as well as logistics and administrative questions.
- Research questions using available information resources: (technical manuals, operating and administrator guides, fleet advisory messages, and knowledge base).
- Advise customer on appropriate action.
- Follow standard help desk procedures.
- Log all help desk interactions in Remedy.
- Redirect problems to appropriate resources.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions.
- Prepare various activity reports and respond to data and metrics calls.
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature.
- Interacts daily with supervisor, peer groups, and customers.
- Interaction normally involves exchange or presentation of factual information.
- Rotating shifts provide 24 hour support 5 days per week with occasional on-call weekends.
- Familiarity with Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and Database Software
- Understanding of Databases and knowledge Management tools.
- Knowledge on how to query and tailor reports from a database.
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift assigned including evenings and overnight.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Learning skills
- Customer service orientation
- Problem analysis
- Adaptability and stress tolerance
- Planning and organizing
- Attention to detail
- Technical training/experience in help desk activities and/or Help Desk Institute certification a plus
- Familiarity with one of the following systems a plus: ADNS, CENTRIXS, ISNS, ONE-NET, SCI-Networks, SUB-LAN, VIXS, CND and SCIP-IWF.
- Navy Information Systems Administrator or commercial equivalent certification, Advanced Network Analyst, GENSER Tactical System Administrator, Technical Control Supervisor
- Familiarity with Naval Logistics/NAVICP a plus
- Familiarity with Naval RF Communications (Satellite) a plus
- Familiarity with Navy Tech Manuals a plus
- Remedy Action Request System and COGNOS (performance management) reporting tool experience a plus.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- AA Degree in related discipline and four(4) years or more of related experience; Or, High School and six (6) years of related experience with relevant certification.
- Active Secret Clearance.
- Current CompTIA Security+ certification required, or certification must be obtained within 6 months of employment.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 23, 2016, 1:20:20 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: