Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
**Qualifications:** The ideal candidates will possess:
• One (1) to Three (3) years of object-oriented software design and development.
• One (1) to Three (3) years of experience in the complete SDLC.
• One (1) to Three (3) years of experience in web application development.
• Experience with one or more of the following: (listed in order of preference)
-Strong Object-Oriented programming skills.
- Strong database and SQL (Oracle, PostgreSQL) skills.
- Rapid development.
- Frameworks such as; REST, Web Services, SOAP, and XML-RPC.
• Some prior Python development/programming experience.
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; identified skills and experience.
**Job #:** 16683BR
**Country:** United States
**FT/PT:** Full Time
**Job Description:** At Rockwell Collins Information Management Services (formerly ARINC), it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins Information Management Services (“IMS”) as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins IMS and help shape our future while creating yours.
ARINCDirect’s Flight Support Services division in Annapolis, MD is seeking multiple Software Engineer(s) candidates with a passion for development and willingness to learn python. Be part of a revolution in business aviation!
ARINCDirect Flight Support Services was created to provide private jet owners and operators with a level of innovation, technology, service, and success unheard of in the industry. ARINCDirect delivers a first-class suite of services in every aspect of business aviation. Whether it’s a diverse array of flight support services, such as advanced flight planning and weather, flight following, contract fuel, international trip support, or one of our other services, such as data link or satellite communications, you can rest assured you are being serviced by the most capable company in the industry.
The successful Software Engineer(s) will:
• Participate as a member of an application development team using object-oriented programming (OOP) with open-source software.
• Need prior experience with all phases of the software development life-cycle.
• Leverage change management processes for software, schema, and configuration.
• Support Agile development which incorporates automated testing during development cycle.
• Interact with onsite "customers" for requirements and implementation.
We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At Rockwell Collins IMS, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that’s just for starters. Day one as an employee kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 6%, a Roth 401(k) option, educational assistance, and flexible work schedules. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
**Amount of Travel Required:** 0%-25%
**EOE Statement:** Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job, contact: