Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Senior Storage Engineer (Job Number:419372)
SAIC is hiring a Senior Storage Engineer
to support our SEC Project in Washington, DC
SAIC is seeking a talented individual to join the Enterprise Infrastructure Team in the area of storage support and storage management within the SEC Data Centers and continuity sites. The SEC operates more than 500 terabytes of enterprise storage (EMC, NetApp), and the SEC Server infrastructure is over 90% virtualized, utilizing storage-based replication between the two Data Centers to ensure high availability and disaster recovery.
The SEC Storage environment consists of two production Data Centers and a third development site.
The Storage Engineers shall be responsible for the day-to-day management of the storage area network (SAN), and shall integrate multi-vendor solutions utilizing a vendor agnostic approach to design and implementation of advance storage solutions.
The Storage Engineers will support the SAN team in managing the SAN and in the analysis, identification, and resolution of IT incidents, specifically as related to Storage systems. They shall also monitor storage capacity, perform forecasting, and administer the NetApp clustered data ONTAP system.
The Senior Storage Engineer will define, design, and develop system requirements. Perform trade-off analysis of performance, life-cycle cost, risk, producibility, and other system or program requirements. Assess architecture and current hardware limitations, define and design system specifications, and evaluate input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility. Coordinate design of subsystems and integration of total system. Define system support requirements to include monitoring, capacity, staffing and patching/updating. Analyze and resolve program support deficiencies. Conduct independent technical investigations in systems design. Evaluate vendor capabilities using processes similar to DAR to provide required products or services.
- Manage customer and stakeholder needs, generate and develop requirements, and perform functional analysis
- Act as a mentor to junior team members
- Collect, analyze, track, and report program metrics
- Identify program objectives and technical development strategy
- Prepare System Engineering Management Plan, Work Breakdown Structures, master schedules, and key performance parameters
- Develop and implement risk and opportunity management plans; identify, assess and track risks; develop mitigation plans
- Day-to-day management of the storage area network (SAN)
- Integrate multi-vendor solutions utilizing vendor agnostic approach to design and implementing advance storage solutions
- Manage SAN team in the analysis, identification, and resolution of IT incidents, specifically as related to storage systems
- Monitor storage capacity and perform forecasting
- Administers the NetApp clustered data ONTAP system
The Senior Storage Engineer will be assigned to the first shift and will be expected to:
- participate in an on-call rotation;
- support night and weekend maintenance activities; and provide emergency response support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, within a 2-hour response window.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree and 9+ years’ experience. Additional experience in lieu of a Degree is acceptable. Master’s Degree desired.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience managing storage area networks, specializing in EMC and NetApp systems
- Experience working with Clustered Data ONTAP software
- Possess a NetApp Certified Data Administrator Certification or equivalent
- Experience with configuration and management of Cisco MDS switch technology
- Experience with AWS, Azure, and hybrid cloud environments
- ITIL Foundations
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance prior to starting work
SEC Headquarters in Washington, DC
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 30, 2016, 8:06:08 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: