Full Time Employee Contractor
INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY SPECIALIST / CND ANALYST
Key member of the Network Assurance Team supporting the White House Communications Agency (WHCA), Washington, DC. The team will be principally engaged to support 24x7 timely response based on customer criteria to customer requests for assistance as well as to provide the customer an overall accurate picture of the well-being of WHCA networks and enclaves with regards to Network Assurance activity directed against the customers’ assets. Primary tasks include:
- Perform surveillance and reconnaissance, enclave cybersecurity defense, attack vector analysis, Computer Network Defense (CND), incident handling, vulnerability management/reporting, risk analysis and readiness and strategic planning analysis.
- Correlate actionable security events, perform network traffic analysis using raw packet data, net flow, IDS, IPS and custom sensor output as it pertains to the cyber security of communications networks
- Participate in the coordination of resources during incident response efforts.
- Provide the customer with technical support, analysis, and recommendations.
- Provide technical assistance as requested or directed by WHCA or its mission partners.
- Develop Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) establishing reporting criteria, structure, and operational reports.
- Provide technical support, analysis, and recommendations in the areas of:
1. Surveillance and Reconnaissance
2. Perimeter Defense
3. Malicious Software (Malware) Analysis
4. Attack vector analysis
5. Computer Network Defense (CND)
6. Incident Handling
7. Vulnerability Management/Reporting,
8. Risk Analysis and Readiness
9. Strategic Planning Analysis
Strong operational expertise is required in one or more of the following tools:
- Palo Alto
- Network Firewalls
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree. Considered an emerging authority.
Work Location: National Capital Region
Duty Hours: Shift Duty supporting 24/7/365 SOC operations
- TS/SCI eligibility (mandatory) with adjudication in past 36 months
- YANKEE WHITE/Presidential Support Duty (YW/PSD) (Desired; must meet eligibility requirements)
POC: For immediate consideration, please apply on-line and also contact Mark Aschenbach, [email protected], (703) 488-2073.
To apply for this job, contact: