Sears Holdings Corporation (http://jobs.sears.com/vet/learnmore_military.html)
Full Time Employee
For Kmart and Sears Holdings the Category Manager is responsible for development of business plans and implementation of category management process.
Interprets category strategies to determine appropriate implementation in order to meet consumer needs.
2. Identifies and updates information for any new merchandise space and product added to assortments; ensures analyses support the implementation of the new product.
3. Works in conjunction with the Merchandise Planner in procuring merchandise at appropriate net cost including negotiating prices, terms, transportation, and method of distribution in order to meet company cost goals.
4. Communicates category business plan needs for assortment and promotions to appropriate support personnel to ensure plan details are implemented.
5. Analyzes appropriate internal, external, and consumer data to ensure business plans are implemented to meet plan and are in accordance with schedule.
6. Supports Divisional Merchandise Manager in developing business plans; works in conjunction with vendors to analyze data to determine appropriate purchases.
7. Implements corporate brands strategies by developing assortments which meet company brand needs; ensures strategic direction for corporate brands are implemented in category assortment.
To apply for this job, contact: