Full Time Employee
Systems Engineers (Level 2 to 6) (Job Number:420162)
SAIC is seeking Systems Engineers at multiple skills levels to support work within the Intelligence Community collaborating in the design, deployment and infrastructure crucial to national security. Successful applicants will work to provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex and technically challenging classified work.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support all aspects of the systems engineering "V", from requirements to O&M
- Identify, define, document, and track systems requirements
- Coordinate review and integration of proposed system architectures, topologies and designs.
- Track the implementation of systems and improvements
- Supporting, tracking and managing multiple simultaneous related initiatives
- Support infrastructure integration and detailed follow-through from high-level design plans and objectives, rapid design and reference model implementation.
- Continually balance existing resources, anticipate emerging needs, and welcome changing requirements and priorities.
- Coordinates with customers and teammates to formulate complex technical solutions
- Leads the design, implementation, and maintenance of complex solutions. Coordinates activities with other technical personnel as appropriate.
- Provides recommendations to maximize system performance
- Developing & documenting a strategy roadmap
- Preparing program artifacts, documenting outcomes, and following up on actions
- Documenting and reporting on progress and effectiveness of implementation of various initiatives, projects and strategies.
- Preparing briefings, presentations and other various outreach documentation.
Required Education, Certifications, Skills, Expertise, Years of Experience:
Level 2 to 6 needed:
Bachelors and 2 to 4 years’ experience; Masters and 0 to 2 years’ experience
Bachelors and 5 to 8 years’ experience; Masters and 3 to 6 years’ experience; PhD and 0 to 3 years’ experience
Bachelors and 9 to 13 year experience; Masters and 7 to 11 years’ experience; PhD and 4 to 8 years’ experience
Bachelors and 14 to 19 years’ experience; Masters and 12 to 17 years’ experience; PhD and 9 to 14 years’ experience
Bachelors and 20+ years’ experience; Masters with 18+ years’ experience; PhD with 15+ years’ experience
Note: Applicant’s depth/breadth of experience will contribute to placement/position level.
- Experience with the US Government acquisition process
- Demonstrated technical systems engineering experience
- Demonstrated expertise engineering Sponsor-specific enterprise systems.
- Experience with the system engineering life-cycle and hands on experience with DoDAF-type system architecture tools.
- Experience in agile development including the INFOSEC context, including reviews, boards and project management life cycle standards, and O&M constraints for operational Sponsor systems.
- Experience with development of concept of operations
- Experience developing interface specifications
- Experience with verification and validation planning and execution
- Experience working with the USG budget process
- Experience performing cost estimation
- Experience performing trade studies
- Experience defining and documenting governance processes
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking and problem solving skills, including the ability to think tactically while working several tasks and to develop recommendations
- Experience with IC agencies and systems
- Experience working collaboratively to prepare strategic level documentation
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a highly dynamic and small team environment, communicating effectively and demonstrating initiative to keep projects and deliverables on track
- Strong experience utilizing Microsoft Office Suite tools, including the ability to create accurate spreadsheets in Excel and presentations in PowerPoint, following sound vertical and horizontal logic
- Ability to translate information, develop insights, refine requirements and work alongside customers at customer sites
- Experience building and maintaining client relationships in a team-based government or professional services environment
- Must be comfortable managing multiple assignments under high pressure with quick turnaround deadlines, often with dynamic and changing priorities
- A solutions-oriented team player with excellent verbal and written communications skills, social skills, and soft skills combined with effective time management skills and organization skills while successfully meeting timelines for multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Proven experience facilitating meetings with the stakeholders to gather functional and technical requirements for multiple end-to-end integration projects
- Proven experience drafting and maintaining technical requirements documentation for solutions-based processes and workflows across
- Proven experience supporting the development and management of project plans, schedules, project tracking, milestone deliveries and status reports
- Proven experience with MS Project
- Proven experience with Sharepoint
Desired Education, Certifications, Skills, Expertise, Years of Experience:
- Experience with wireless communications
- Experience with network integration
- Proven experience tracking defects/bugs and assist the team members in troubleshooting and resolving defects and bugs
- Experience coordinating and managing supply-chain life cycles to maintain consistent data quality control
- Significant experience planning, designing, procuring, implementing, and maintaining multiple simultaneous projects of large complexity and massive scales such as Big-Data, Cloud, Supercomputing and/or GRID projects (e.g., AWS, Cloudera, LexisNexis, Netezz, NoSQL, Hadoop, TeraData, Vertica, GreenPlum, etc.)
- Proven strong technical background including object-oriented and relational database design, modeling, implementation, hosting and O&M (e.g., Oracle, DB2, MS SQL, MySQL, Objectivity, etc.).
- Experience with satellite systems (space and ground) and/or field set development
- Experience supporting Special Communications systems end-to-end
- PMI Certification
- DAMA Certification
- GreenPlum Database Certification
- Enterprise Pipeline Certification
- Agile/SCRUM Certification
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as eXtreme Programming, SCRUM, and Feature-Driven Development
- ICSA Certification
- Proven experience with MS Visio
- Proven experience with JIRA
- Experience with Subversion, PostGres RDBMS, PostGres Secure Access
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours
Must currently possess a TS/SCI with Poly security clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 28, 2016, 3:08:33 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-RESTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: