Full Time Employee Contractor
This is a permanent overseas position.
The Sense & Warn (S&W) Command and Control (C2) Operator must be fully trained and qualified operate the S&W C2 Forward Area Air Defense Command and Control, the Wireless Audio Visual Emergency System (WAVES) Warning Systems (Integrated Base Station, alerting devices, wireless links, and power generation equipment), and the S&W Local Area Network/Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Conduct S&W C2 setup and initialization of the Forward Area Air Defense Command and Control, WAVES, and LAN/WAN component systems.
• Conduct S&W C2 operations using manual or autonomous issue of an early warning of indirect fire attack.
• Conduct S&W C2 system admin functions.
• Operate the S&W LAN/WLAN to support S&W operations.
• Perform S&W track processing, test, threat reports, host logs and data collect.
• Establish data links and other communications connections as necessary to support early warning of indirect fire attacks.
• Perform printer install, printer management, file management, editing files, transporting media, system security, network management operations, and map loading.
• Operate/maintain WAVES software.
• Perform WAVES data collection.
• Configure database for primary base station and alternate base station operations as required.
• Perform system administration functions of the C2 systems.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Associate of Arts or 2 years technical degree in related discipline. An advanced degree in a related field MAY be substituted for experience where applicable.
• 2 years of related experience.
• 2-3 years job-related experience operating the Sense &Warn systems: Forward Area Air Defense Command and Control system, the Lightweight Counter-Mortar Radar, and Wireless Audio Visual Emergency System.
• Previous experience serving in a Sense &Warn cell, tactical operation center, or base defense operations centers. Experience in Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom preferred.
• Must understand Tactical Operation Cell operations, command and control system connectivity and integration into the embassy security and defense framework.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. The employee must be able to stand, walk and sit for a prolonged period of time; use hands and/or fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distant vision. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Medical conditions or physical impediments may disqualify candidates from overseas work where comprehensive medical care may be limited or unavailable, or where the condition or impediment would put the individual at unacceptable risk. Duties may be performed in an active combat zone where the employee would be required to seek shelter. There may be stress, psychological and physical hardships, and the possibility of living in field conditions associated with this position.
Medical Clearance: Must be able to obtain a DoS Class 1 medical clearance prior to employment.
Travel: Periodic overseas travel will be required in high-threat areas and in multiple locations. Domestic travel may be required for training and program coordination.
Work Environment: Full-time, usually under hazardous conditions when deployed in a theater of operations.Personnel meeting the provisions of Department of State Standardized Regulations, Chapter 650 – Danger Pay Allowance, and Chapter 350 – Hardship Pay, are eligible to receive danger and hardship pay up to the prevailing percentages over base compensation.
Work Location: DOS Chief of Mission sites OCONUS. Any stateside work location will likely be in DOS Annexes in Arlington and/or Springfield, VA.
Living Environment: When deployed, lodging, meals, medical and basic life support services will be provided while in a theater of operations, as well as the prevailing per diem rate for incidental expenses (I&E). Living conditions are basic / challenging with sparse amenities which include sharing a tent or plywood structured living quarter with other civilian or military personnel with shared bathrooms within close proximity and no cooking facilities other than microwaves.
• Ability to obtain/maintain Active Secret
• U.S. Citizen.
To apply for this job, contact: