Full Time Employee
NetApp Administrator (Job Number:420265)
Provide comprehensive NetApp administration in an enterprise environment. Must be able to install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade and document all aspects of the of the NetApp architecture. Must be able to perform optimization and performance testing, provide technical support for incident response, reporting and provide on-call support as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Storage Subject Matter Expert Sr. is responsible for managing, maintaining and implementing enterprise data-center storage subsystems and fiber channel networks.
Details of responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Manage IBM, Hitachi, HP, and Netapp SAN Virtual Controller environments
- Manage Brocade and Cisco virtual fabric networks
- Manage Windows\Linux servers in support of SAN\NAS\Virtual fabric networks
- Plan and execute SAN/NAS firmware patch updates
- Monitor storage systems to proactively minimize outages, optimize performance, upgrade hardware/software, and plan for capacity growth
- Design, implement, and execute disaster recovery as related to storage
- Lead/Assist the design of enterprise storage environments, including enterprise storage arrays, fiber channel switches and Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Assist in the planning and implementation of data-center migration and upgrading/retiring of aging technologies
- Develop solutions and processes for reliable and stable data storage management, security, backup, restoration, archiving, and replication
- Provides internal consulting, technical guidance, information and support to application developers; computer operations; workstation support; management; and departmental clients.
- Create and maintain documentation: Logical/physical diagrams, status reports, and after action reports.
- Troubleshoot system operation, maintenance, upgrades and patching.
- Team player, strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to troubleshoot problems, work as both a team and/or as a self-directed individual, client-facing experience, self-disciplined and ability to multi-task
- Ability to train other team members on the applications, proper procedures, problem isolation
- Ability to develop instructions in a logical, detailed flow
- Shell scripting experience is preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Emergency Management or related technical discipline is required or 6 years of work related experience
- Must have a minimum of 6 years of NetApp system administration experience.
- Experience in applications software development for complex business applications using Agile Development methodology and techniques are desirable.
- Must be able to work independently and provide timely status updates, as well as be able to manage multiple tasks
- Must possess a CompTIA Security+ certification (baseline certification - day 1 requirement) and be enrolled, in the CompTIA’s Continuing Education program
- Minimum Certification as a DoD 8570 IAT II, must possess or able to obtain from hire date, within 6 months IAT Level II certification.
- Must hold an active Department of Defense Security Clearance (interim Secret minimum – day 1 requirement).
- Must sign privileged level access and non-disclosure agreement
- Strong customer service, organizational skills, knowledge of applicable DoD/Government policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated exceptional ability to troubleshoot complex systems required.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 1, 2016, 1:45:56 PM
Primary Location: United States-KY-FORT KNOX
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: