Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
• Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
• The ideal student will be an incoming Freshman or Sophomore pursuing degree in Human Resources, Psychology, or Business degree program.
• Candidate will be able and willing to work 10-15 hours per week in our Annapolis, MD office while attending classes.
• Students must be in good academic standing
• Strong computer skills (MS Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, web applications)
• Proficiency working with data and information and navigating between several applications
• Professional communication skills – written and oral
• Some customer service experience
• Strong Process orientation and ability to follow complex procedures
• Effective organizational skills to maintain and utilize both online and paper file structures to support program operations
**Job #:** 16708BR
**Country:** United States
**FT/PT:** Full Time
**Job Description:** At Rockwell Collins, it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins and help shape our future while creating yours.
Are you interested in Human Resources? Are you looking to get real world experience in your field of study? Rockwell Collins Information Management Services “IMS” (formerly ARINC) is seeking a Human Resource Intern to join our team! As the HR intern you will gain knowledge and experience in the fields of talent acquisition, global mobility, department-level budgeting, invoicing and expense reporting, diversity and inclusion.
The Intern will have an opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience in the following areas:
• Budgeting: working with leadership on generating and reviewing budget reports and invoice reconciliation
• HR Project Management: learning how to use the LEAN process to support special and ongoing projects within Human Resources.
• Talent Acquisition: recruiting, onboarding, new hire orientation and affirmative action
• Coordinating HR Events/Activities: this may include logistics for Diversity & Inclusion related events as well as employee service awards
• Compensation & Benefits: working with the HR Admin team to draft checklists and create documentation
• Compensation & Benefits: assisting with drafting and documenting employee status change requests
Other assignments will include opportunities to enhance specific knowledge and skills in the areas of:
• Employee file and record alignment
• Benefits open enrollment coordination
• Employment law documentation preparation
• HR monthly status reports
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic team environment that is process and procedure driven as we strive to ensure quality deliverables to our internal customers and accuracy in all our reporting.
Work Schedule and Location:
If chosen for this position, the intern will work in our Annapolis office, conveniently located near highway access points and local shopping/restaurant destinations such as the Annapolis Towne Center and the Annapolis Mall. A flexible schedule can be developed to meet class requirements while optimizing knowledge transfer opportunities with team members and stakeholders.
Local candidates required.
Think beyond year one for a moment. We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At Rockwell Collins IMS, we encourage experiential development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. We offer flexible work schedules including a compressed workweek with every other Friday off. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
**Amount of Travel Required:** 0%-25%
**EOE Statement:** Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job, contact: