Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
**Qualifications:** The ideal candidate should possess:
• Three (3) or more years of working experience with Information Technology, software-based applications, network infrastructure, wireless technology, embedded and real-time operating systems, mobile IP, broadband techniques data structures, associated system security and open architectures.
• Working knowledge of aircraft communications, including but not limited to, ACARS and SATCOM systems in both the flight deck and cabin environments.
• Motivated self-starter with problem-solving talent, applicant must be able to self-manage and work independently.
• Candidate must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to prepare and present technical reports and briefings in a clear and concise manner to internal and external customers.
• Detail-oriented, highly organized with the ability to work on multiple accounts and activities simultaneously.
• Ability to work well in dynamic environment and to anticipate and mitigate problems.
• Must have excellent conflict resolution and troubleshooting skills.
• Three (3) or more years of customer service, field service, or technical/engineering experience.
• Experience as a flight coordinator, aircraft dispatcher, or pilot.
• Experience in aircraft completions, service centers or avionics technician with an authorized service center or repair facility.
• Multi-lingual (Preferred: English/Spanish) with good sense of global and regional idiosyncrasies.
• Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or Computer Science (BSCS) or similar four-year degree from an accredited University with equivalent work experience will be considered.
• Certificate in Networking/Related IT (e.g., CISCO, etc.) and/or prior experience with IP based routers and switches; CCENT and or CCNA preferred.
**Job #:** 16702BR
**Country:** United States
**FT/PT:** Full Time
**Job Description:** Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as a 2016 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Rockwell Collins Information Management Services (“IMS”) is currently searching for an Avionics Support/Aviation Network Specialist to join our team in Annapolis, MD. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected.
ARINCDirect flight support services provides a complete suite of web-based flight support services, including flight planning, weather, and flight deck and passenger communications to its worldwide business aviation customers.
As the Avionics Support/Aviation Network Specialist you will be responsible for providing avionics, aircraft, and systems troubleshooting support to both existing and prospective customers. You will also use your extraordinary customer service skills to provide training and activation support to newly added customers by articulating technical material to both technical and non-technical individuals. Like innovation? You will also work closely with system and software engineering on product enhancements, new product testing, and R&D.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
• Providing remote and onsite technical guidance for all ARINCDirect products and services, including flight planning, weather, flight deck and cabin communications systems. Support for avionics systems include VHF datalink, Inmarsat, and Iridium data, voice, and internet services.
• Providing avionics configuration support, troubleshooting support, and comprehensive training on use of ARINCDirect applications to a diverse customer base. Candidate will be identifying and working problems in both the flight deck and cabin environments.
• Gathering regional requirements and act as a liaison between customers, prospects, OEMs, Service Centers, other IMS staff, and the ARINCDirect business unit. Identify obstacles to product growth and propose solutions/action items. Serve as a customer advocate and as an internal customer for product enhancements.
• Setup and configure test bench equipment for cockpit and cabin communication product support. Build wire harnesses for test and configuration equipment.
• Aiding in the ARINCDirect account activation/commissioning processes. Act as a service implementation coordinator. Provision, configure, test, and train new services including ACARS, Iridium, FANS1A+, CPDLC/ADS-C, Inmarsat including Classic, Swift64, Swift Broadband and Jet ConneX.
**Amount of Travel Required:** 0%-25%
**EOE Statement:** Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job, contact: