Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
**Qualifications:** The ideal candidate should possess:
• Three (3) or more years of working experience with Information Technology, software-based applications, network infrastructure, wireless technology, embedded and real-time operating systems, mobile IP, broadband techniques data structures, associated system security and open architectures.
• Working knowledge of aircraft communications, including but not limited to, ACARS and SATCOM systems in both the flight deck and cabin environments.
• Motivated self-starter with problem-solving talent, applicant must be able to self-manage and work independently.
• Candidate must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to prepare and present technical reports and briefings in a clear and concise manner to internal and external customers.
• Detail-oriented, highly organized with the ability to work on multiple accounts and activities simultaneously.
• Ability to work well in dynamic environment and to anticipate and mitigate problems.
• Must have excellent conflict resolution and troubleshooting skills.
• Three (3) or more years of customer service, field service, or technical/engineering experience.
• Experience as a flight coordinator, aircraft dispatcher, or pilot.
• Experience in aircraft completions, service centers or avionics technician with an authorized service center or repair facility.
• Multi-lingual (Preferred: English/Spanish) with good sense of global and regional idiosyncrasies.
• Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or Computer Science (BSCS) or similar four-year degree from an accredited University with equivalent work experience will be considered.
• Certificate in Networking/Related IT (e.g., CISCO, etc.) and/or prior experience with IP based routers and switches; CCENT and or CCNA preferred.
**Job #:** 16702BR
**Country:** United States
**FT/PT:** Full Time
**Job Description:** At Rockwell Collins Information Management Services (IMS), it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins IMS as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins IMS and help shape our future while creating yours.
ARINCDirect is seeking an Avionics Support/Aviation Network Specialist to support our Flight Support Services business unit. This position will serve our global customers from our headquarters in Annapolis, Maryland.
ARINCDirect Flight Support Services provides a complete suite of web-based flight support services, including flight planning, weather, and flight deck and passenger communications to its worldwide business aviation customers.
The Avionics Support/Aviation Network Specialist will be responsible for providing avionics, aircraft, and systems troubleshooting support to both existing and prospective customers.
Candidate will also use his/her extraordinary customer service skills to provide training and activation support to newly added customers. Candidate must be able to articulate technical material to both technical and non-technical individuals. Candidate will work closely with system and software engineering on product enhancements, new product testing, and R&D.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide remote and onsite technical guidance for all ARINCDirect products and services, including flight planning, weather, flight deck and cabin communications systems. Support for avionics systems include VHF datalink, Inmarsat, and Iridium data, voice, and internet services.
• Provide avionics configuration support, troubleshooting support, and comprehensive training on use of ARINCDirect applications to a diverse customer base. Candidate will be identifying and working problems in both the flight deck and cabin environments.
• Gather regional requirements and act as a liaison between customers, prospects, OEMs, Service Centers, other IMS staff, and the ARINCDirect business unit. Identify obstacles to product growth and propose solutions/action items. Serve as a customer advocate and as an internal customer for product enhancements.
• Setup and configure test bench equipment for cockpit and cabin communication product support. Build wire harnesses for test and configuration equipment.
• Aid in the ARINCDirect account activation/commissioning processes. Act as a service implementation coordinator. Provision, configure, test, and train new services including ACARS, Iridium, FANS1A+, CPDLC/ADS-C, Inmarsat including Classic, Swift64, Swift Broadband and Jet ConneX.
Think beyond year one for a moment. We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At Rockwell Collins IMS, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that’s just for starters. Day one kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 6%, a Roth 401(k) option, educational assistance, and flexible work schedules. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
**Amount of Travel Required:** 0%-25%
**EOE Statement:** Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job, contact: