Full Time Employee
Lead Systems Engineer (Job Number:420275)
The DoD Agencies and Commands Customer Group, COCOM Programs Directorate of SAIC currently has a contingency full-time position for a Lead Systems Engineer to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) Capabilities Development Group (CDG) and J6, Fort Meade, Maryland. The successful candidate will collaborate, correlate, and provide analysis of the technical status and improvement to USCYBERCOM infrastructure.
The Lead Systems Engineer will be responsible for the management of the Systems Design Engineering staff, organizing project and task workloads and selects individuals most qualified for assignments on specific projects, directing technical organization to ensure progress according to technical objectives, within budgetary and scheduling guidelines, assessing results of technical projects under direction. Responsible for the training, motivation and discipline of assigned employees. The Lead Systems Engineer will also participate in systems engineering activities which include one or more of the following: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering, System Architecting, System Analysis and Design, Interface and Data Architectures, Validation and Verification, System Integration, System & Op. Performance Analysis, Lifecycle Cost Analysis & Estimation, Decision Analysis and Resolution.
Daily activities include:
- Evaluates, develops and delivers technical input to the systems engineering process
- Develops technical documentation, system architecture, and system design documentation
- Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues, or conflicts
- Oversees the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility
- Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives
- Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans
- Analyzes complex information, and independently takes appropriate actions to resolve problems
- Provides engineering guidance to technical staff and establishes effective working relationships with other Government agencies and mission partners
- Delivers briefings on complex topics to groups, which may include high-level decision makers
- Works complex research projects as senior contributors and as part of an integrated research team
- Designs and delivers solutions
- Minimum 10 + years of experience including 7 years of experience in infrastructure engineering (preferred) and knowledge of engineering policies and procedures
- DoD 8570 IASAE Level II Certification (CISSP, CASP CE, CSSLP)
- Experience preparing system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Experience delivering briefings on complex topics.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an Accredited college or university in System Engineering, related discipline Master’s Degree may be substituted for two (2) years of relevant experience
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Current TS/SCI with Polygraph (within 7 years and as defined by the government)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 19, 2016, 12:50:54 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: