Full Time Employee
Information Technology Communications Lead (Job Number:420273)
The DoD Agencies and Commands Customer Group, COCOM Programs Directorate of SAIC currently has a contingency full-time position for a Lead Information Technology Communications service Lead to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) Capabilities Development Group and the J6, Fort Meade, Maryland.
The IT Communications Service Lead will provide expertise in broad areas of IT. Leads a diverse team of cybersecurity engineers, developers, IT specialists, sys admins and cyberspace analysts in a highly dynamic environment. Identifies user requirements for over 2500 users in a high profile environment and describes services available or refers inquiries to other staff. Services as a key point of contact to markets to build engagement and alignment on technical capabilities, Responsible for overall management support and coordination for all IT Enterprise Service Desk support (phone, e-mail, on-site, floor)
Researches unconventional application of software and operating systems in designing and developing new methodologies, significant modifications, or adaptations of standardized techniques. Develops project plans, guidelines and controls.
Daily activities include:
- Responsible for the leadership and management of a broadly technical group of cybersecurity, engineering and operations technicians and analysts.
- Identifies user requirements and describes services available or refers inquiries to other staff
- Provides technical support of a limited scope to users and assists them in defining and solving computing problems within well- defined areas of responsibility
- Assists in preparing documentation of supported products for users
- Assists in preparing user training materials and conducts training sessions as assigned
- Plans and manages large-scale upgrades, planning and scheduling large-scale migration activities, designing, installing, configuring, operating LANs and WANs and providing expert administrative skills to solve challenging IT issues
- Effectively communicates, coordinates efforts, and establishes customer relations
- Provides top-level technical expertise, including performing in-depth and complex software systems programming and analysis
- Minimum 9+ years of experience as an IT Specialist.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Information Systems, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering or related discipline;
- Master’s Degree may be substituted for two (2) years of relevant experience.
- At a minimum DOD 8570 IAM Level I Information Assurance Certification is required. (GSEC, Security+, SSCP or CCNA)
Security Clearance: Current TS/SCI with Polygraph (within the last 7 years and as defined by the government)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 19, 2016, 12:47:26 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: