Full Time Employee
Project Manager FEMA O&M (Job Number:420027)
Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects. Takes projects from original concept through final implementation. Interfaces with all areas affected by the project including end users, computer services, and client services. Defines project scope and objectives. Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables.
Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team. Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems. Provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments. Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives. Has domain and expert technical knowledge. Directs and controls activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met. Interactions involve client negotiations and interfacing with senior management. Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation. May supervise others.
Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management. Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports. Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients. Responsible for ensuring contract requirements and subcontractor responsibilities are being accomplished including working on the definition and implementation of project planning techniques to provide visibility on the contract. Responsibilities may include developing budgets and schedules to meet contractual/project requirements for an assigned portion of a program, participating in and establishing and defining program plan requirements, and monitoring and reporting performance against plans to ensure that contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met. N/A
- Background in telecommunications (primary).
- Experience managing large projects CONUS and/or OCONUS
- PMP/ITIL certification or pending certification exam results in the next 90 days
- In-depth knowledge of NIOS ? FEMA?s ordering/provisioning/billing/reporting application
- Experience managing day-to-day working level program and associated projects
- Call center management experience
- Up-to-date knowledge of next generation mobile technology
- Team Lead in a Mobility Service Center (MSC) capacity
- Managerial experience associated with a 24x7x365 Tier 2 service center
- Extensive knowledge of FEMA policies and procedures associated with the MSC
- Experience supporting major disasters and meeting mobility needs
- Experience managing vendor delivery metrics
- Extensive knowledge provisioning Blackberry and IOS mobile devices and FEMA BES policies and processes
- Knowledge of and experience with the FEMA financial processes utilized within the FEMA MSC
- Experience negotiating vendor pricing to obtain the best possible promotional or bundle pricing
- 24x7 availability
TS w/ability to obtain SCI
Bachelor's Degree or higher and 10-15 10 to 15 years of project management and/or business analysis experience. The PM shall oversee the execution of the task order, monitor and direct all work performed under the task order, manage deliverables development and submission, and coordinate closely with the government Task Manager (TM) on all acquisition and program management tasks.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 6, 2016, 8:57:42 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: