Tatitlek Corporation (http://www.tatitlek.com/)
Full Time Employee
Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
The Systems Engineer provides planning, design, architecture and support for the labs infrastructure network. This includes support of currently implemented technologies; LAN, WAN, IDS, IPS, etc. and new network equipment for new requirements. The Systems Engineer evaluates products and provides recommendations on their suitability for the IWSL’s network environment. The Systems Engineer must be self-motivated and able to work independently. The Systems Engineer will support Information Assurance (IA) projects involving all phases of information assurance related to network operations. The position is not covered under the Service Contract Act (SCA) Davis Bacon Act (DBA), or union.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Planning, design, architecture and support for the IWSL’s infrastructure network.
- Evaluate products and provide recommendations.
- Planning, design, and implementation of various IA strategies and technologies to include encryptors, perimeter and host-based firewalls, virtual private networks (VPNs), intrusion detection systems, vulnerability assessment, and data analysis tools
Configuration Management (CM)
- Maintain documentation related to all internal and external CM processes
- Provide documentation for all network related installations and activations
- Maintain maintenance posture for all equipment and software in support of network operations
Education and Experience
- The Network Systems Engineer (NSE) shall have a network engineer level certification (i.e., Security+ CCNA, and a minimum of four (4) years of network experience.
- The Systems Engineer shall have experience with the installation, and operations of personal computers and associated peripherals.
- The Systems Engineer shall have experience with Ethernet, Fast Ethernet in addition to the following protocols: TCP/IP, UDP/IP, IPX/SPX, NetBIOS, NetBEUI, SNMP and DECNET.
- A DOD 8570 IAT 2 Certification in applicable Networking Computer disciplines is required at hiring and must be maintained in an unexpected state throughout the life of this task order.
- Must have or be able to attain a DOD security clearance.Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- The Systems Engineer shall demonstrate capability in supervising others, including strong interpersonal skills and the ability to clearly communicated problems and project status.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use fabrication tools; stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Coordinates, supervises, and/or manages support personnel.
Additional Qualifying Factors:
As a condition of employment, candidates for posted positions must pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results. Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, Tatitlek will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances. May require occasional travel.
Native preference applies.
The Tatitlek Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veterans status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other status protected by law
To apply for this job, contact: