Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
**Qualifications:** The ideal candidate should possess:
• Five (5) or more years of experience as a Java software developer.
• Sound understanding of software design patterns.
• Experience with the Spring MVC, Spring Data JPA, and Spring Security frameworks.
• Experience with the Hibernate ORM framework.
• Experience with Maven.
• Experience with RESTful web services and JSON.
• Basic knowledge of PostgreSQL and the ability to execute queries using SQL.
• Experience with High Availability deployments in a clustered Apache and Tomcat environment.
• Ability to deploy and provision applications in a cloud-based Linux environment using only the command line.
• Experience with the Spring LDAP framework.
• Experience with PostGIS and spatial queries.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical (STEM) discipline; identified skills and experience.
**Job #:** 16714BR
**Country:** United States
**FT/PT:** Full Time
**Job Description:** At Rockwell Collins IMS (formerly ARINC), it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins IMS as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins IMS and help shape our future while creating yours.
Rockwell Collins IMS Surface Transportation Systems in Annapolis, MD is currently seeking a motivated Sr. Software Engineer to be part of the RailwayNet team responsible for designing, developing, and testing cloud-based PTC applications. The candidate must be able to work independently on assigned software engineering tasks.
The primary responsibilities of the Sr. Software Engineer are:
• Acquire and document requirements for new extensions to the product suite.
• Design cloud-based applications following software process.
• Develop web-based applications, end-to-end (both client and server).
• Work with the test team to support component and integration level testing.
• Support development, testing, and production related deployments.
• Provide on-call support.
We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At Rockwell Collins IMS, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that’s just for starters. Day one kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, and vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 6%, a Roth 401(k) option, and educational assistance. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
**Amount of Travel Required:** 0%-25%
**EOE Statement:** Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job, contact: