Full Time Employee Contractor
ManTech is seeking a talented and creative Systems Engineers for its El Segundo office. The successful candidate will provide overall general support to a variety of tasks in support of systems engineering processes for the US Air Force Launch Enterprise Directorate.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• General system engineering tasks for major launch systems, including systems architecture, requirements, interfaces, systems engineering processes
• Creation of major program documents, such as Systems Engineering Plans. Provides configuration control, review, and comment and coordination of changes with stakeholders.
• Develop systems requirements, system interface specifications and establishing program baseline
• Supports systems engineering processes (e.g. Systems Engineering, configuration management, data management) and review boards (e.g. CCB, TRB, Chief Engineer’s council) for the Launch Enterprise Directorate at Los Angeles Air Force Base.
• Supports systems engineering processes (e.g. Systems Engineering, configuration management, data management, data architecture,) and review boards (e.g. CCB, TRB, Chief Engineer’s council). May mentor and train others on Systems Engineering processes.
• Involved with program integration such as organizing integrated product team meetings, systems reviews, and interagency discussions and documentation.
• Minimum, a BS degree, from accredited college or university; an engineering degree strongly desired, with experience focused in systems engineering or Aerospace systems & 8 years of qualified experience OR Masters & 6 years of qualified experience
• Proficient in Systems Engineering processes and methods as applied to systems at AF Space and Missile Systems Center Launch Vehicle programs, Launch Ground Systems design and methods, architecture and configuration, including interfaces between launch, ground and range systems
• Combination of professional registration, certification, and experience within the related specialty area desirable. Directly related work experience and years of experience may be substituted for degree.
• Requires demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, and effective decision-making. Applicant will also be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work with others in a team setting, and proficiency with MS Office products to include Project, Power Point and collaborative software products such as MS SharePoint. Occasional travel in the CONUS is required
• Ability to understand data deliverables and reports and provide assessments and risk recommendations
• Demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, effective decision-making, and successful collaboration with multiple departments, organizations and personnel, plus excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated competency in Microsoft tools including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Information Technology (IT) systems and SharePoint-type databases.
• At least 6 years’ experience with USAF Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) systems engineering requirements and processes preferred.
To apply for this job, contact: