Full Time Employee
Software Developer III (Job Number:420436)
The DoD Agencies and Commands Customer Group, COCOM Programs Directorate of SAIC currently has a contingency full-time position for a Software Developer III to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) JXXX, Fort Meade, Maryland.
The Level III Software Developer inspects, cleans, transforms, and models data with the goal of highlighting useful information, suggesting conclusions, and supporting decision making. He/she possess knowledge across the entire field of software technologies and engineering, including information, documentation, databases, model and architecture repositories, analysis, training, testing, data synthesis, hardware, software, standards, economic consideration of selecting techniques and processes, and interoperability. Develops software planning documentation, software requirements and design documentation, software support documentation, software test description documentation, Conducts software validation and verification, and software engineering anomaly resolution, Performs tasks in accordance with applicable DOD guidance (e.g., DOD Directive (DODD) 5000.1 and DOD Instruction (DODI) 5000.2) and industry standards (e.g., IEEE/EIA 12207.0, 12207.1, 12207.2, and ISO 9000-3).
Possesses technical knowledge and familiarity to work with the installation, demonstration, test, validation and evaluation of new and existing software, tools, methods, and software measurement technologies. Performs computer network exploitation development: embedded reverse engineering, vulnerability research, and application development for software and embedded systems with a focus on OCO, DCO, and CNE activities. Evaluates the quality of proposed and existing software systems and solutions that support various cyber software activities and are planned to be integrated into various networks and architectures. Performs needs and risk analysis of software packages [developmental Government Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) and COTS] relative to mission requirements. Develops, updates, and evaluates software engineering standards, specifications, handbooks, or manuals in relation to the development and testing of cyber capabilities.
Documents verification and validation of solution sets and protocols, and provide technical assistance to user organizations with all aspects of software acquisition. Develops life cycle models and customizes software analytical tools, models, decision aids, screening methods, and techniques used to evaluate and support the authenticity and continuity of DOD, national, commercial, and international information systems. Develops specialized software/firmware modules to run on embedded hardware that communicate across native communications channels and implement specialized functions on embedded systems. Disassembles and analyzes software and embedded firmware. Collaborates with Cyber Innovation Unit staff working multifunctional programs integrating hardware and software reverse engineering tasks. Develops, creates, and modifies general computer applications software or specialized utility programs.
Daily Tasks include:
- Designs, troubleshoots, and implements software code for end-to-end software development
- Coordinates project teams to develop concept, interface design, and architecture
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the integration of new requirements to meet organizational needs
- Initiates action for evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
- Coordinates system installation and monitors equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Implements recommendations for improving documentation and development process standards
- Selects the prototype development process in coordination with customer and system engineering
- Recommends new technologies and research processes for complex software development projects
- Ensures quality control of all developed and modified prototype software
- Delegates programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitors their performance
- As required, acts as an Agile process SCRUM Master
- Mentors other staff to improve reverse engineering skills
- Minimum 9+ years of experience in application software development
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent communications skills
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Current TS/SCI with Polygraph (within seven years and as defined by the government)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 19, 2016, 2:43:06 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: