Full Time Employee
System Administrator - Swing Shift (Job Number:420444)
SAIC has several openings for a mid-level System Administrators located in Beltsville, MD.
Available Shift: Swings 3:30pm-11:30pm (Tuesday - Saturday)
Must have a Top Secret clearance
Position Description: The Vanguard 2.2.1 program is seeking a qualified professional to perform as an operations technical resource in support of the Department of State’s (DoS) Bureau of Information and Resource Management (IRM).
The operations organization provides administrator levels 1/2/3 Information Technologies (IT) support for Microsoft active directory and domain controllers’ technologies to domestic and overseas embassies and consulates. The candidate will be responsible for the operations and maintenance of production systems. The candidate will be supporting daily operation responsible for performs general maintenance of the DHCP Scope, troubleshooting and repair of the DHCP conflict IP in the Infoblox DHCP infrastructure. Provide technical support for DHCP Scope, DHCP lease, and IP Pool of in activities associated with the Printer, Workstations or Servers etc.. This includes proactive and corrective maintenance duties, incident management, event management, service request fulfillment, problem management and performance management. The position also requires the proven ability to ensure the highest standard of system maintenance, monitor system performance, install windows server software (patches, etc.), maintain reliable system operation, system availability, training sessions for other level 1 operations staff and support the change management procedures. Responsible for installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and management of applicable security compliance with the system technical implementation guideline standards (STIGs) and functional requirements for the Classified closed environment.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, someone who can work independently, and will be flexible in a fast-paced environment. The team performs end-user support, incident and service request management, maintenance and monitoring to ensure quality delivery of services to IRM users globally across the enterprise on a 24x7x365 basis. A current or interim TS security clearance is required for consideration.
Description of Duties:
- Responsible to meeting performance and Operations based metrics implemented via Remedy for Service Request Completion, Incident response, incident resolution, Queue Management Accuracy and Customer satisfaction
- Perform corrective maintenance services to include system recovery, QA checks before turning system over for monitoring
- Perform Problem Management for all systems and document issues/finding and escalating to level 3 as needed
- Actively participating in knowledge Management changes to ensure Continual Service Improvement (CSI) and provide training to level 1 personnel
- Ensure all troubleshooting steps taken are documented before escalating unresolved incidents/tickets to level 3 staff
- Ensure all required reporting is completed correctly, edited, proofread and ready for dissemination. To include staff’s production tickets (daily/weekly/monthly tickets received, tickets closed, tickets pending, etc.), turnover information, daily shift change log, and issues reports
- Perform Support DNS/DHCP/IPAM troubleshooting and management, backup/restore the production environment, maintaining risk scores, hard drive expansion on virtual drives, schedule patch deployment and perform verification checks
- Ensure services manager is made aware of potential system problems or customer issues to avoid surprising management personnel
- Provide Day/Mids or Swings shift support to 24x7x365 operations
- Bachelor/Associate degree in related technical discipline and 2+ years of experience, or equivalent working experience, in an Operations/Production support roles in the technology industry supporting a 24x7x365 environment
- Possess a positive attitude in identifying problems, take ownership, and provide solutions
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with experience working directly with customers including VIPs
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and quick turnaround deliverables
- Possess an inclination for critical thinking and analytical approaches to solving problems dealing with issues that are not readily defined and/or conflict with available information with the ability to reach sound decisions quickly
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views as well as gives and welcomes feedback
- Experience performing requirements analysis, system patching, testing and management of complex IT systems
- Strong ability to multi-task and work independently and think outside the box
- Experience working with customers to capture/document requirements.
- Currently possess a TS clearance.
- Some familiarity with DoS processes.
- System Administrator certifications
- Familiarization with Infoblox Devices is a Plus
- Networking certifications
- Ability to apply ISO 20K/ITIL v3 Foundation concepts within the workplace
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills
- Strong writing skills
Shift Schedule: Mids
Travel: Occasional travel (up to 10%) may be required within the Washington DC metro area.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 28, 2016, 1:30:05 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-BELTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Night Job
To apply for this job, contact: