Full Time Employee
Senior Java Developer (Job Number:420435)
SAIC is seeking a Senior Java Developer to join our Keystone team at the U.S. Army Human Resources Command. The developer will be part of a team that is enhancing/upgrading legacy applications into new Java based web applications in an enterprise environment. Responsible for the design, development, and fielding of enterprise application solutions for the US Army Human Resources Command supporting the REQUEST and RETAIN systems.
- Works with graphic designers and other members of a project team to develop the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the website. Responsible for interface implementation.
- Integrates web applications with backend databases. Deploys large web-based transaction systems using application servers. Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the integration of new products per production and client requirements.
- Requires strong navigation and site-design instincts.
- 9+ years of software development experience and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or 7+ years and a Master’s degree in a related field. 4 additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with Java/J2EE Web Application Development and frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate.
- Experience with Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic or similar application servers.
- Experience developing with Java design patterns (DAO, MVC, Singleton)
- Knowledge of SOA to include SOAP/WSDL and RESTful services.
- Experience with Oracle databases
- Experience using IntelliJ IDEA, NetBeans or Eclipse.
- Experience using version control tools such as Subversion.
- Experience with software development processes.
- Creative problem solving abilities.
- Strong work ethic and “can do” attitude.
- Ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment.
- Ability to provide mentoring and coaching to less experienced team members.
- Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple deadlines.
- US Citizen – No dual citizenship
- Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract
- Must be CompTIA Security+ certified
- Must obtain as a related certification relevant to the computing environment, such as Oracle Certified Associate, with the first 90 days of employment
- Must be enrolled in CompTIA Continuing Education program WORK LOCATION: Fort Knox, KY
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 12, 2016, 1:04:06 PM
Primary Location: United States-KY-FORT KNOX
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: