Full Time Employee
Joint/Partner Nation Training Team Ground Operations Training Analyst, Tactical Training Group Pacific (TTGP) (Job Number:420512)
The Training and Simulation Service Line, in support of the Navy and Marine Corps Customer Group, currently has a career opportunity for a Joint/Partner Nation Training Team Training Analyst (ground operations subject matter expert) to provide policy analysis and action officer support to Tactical Training Group Pacific (TTGP) as a fleet training subject matter expert (SME).
The individual in this position will provide Training SME support and serve as a training and policy analyst and action officer to the TTGP Training Director (N7) and USFF Fleet/Joint Training Directorate (N71). Training SMEs are highly-skilled persons with knowledge gained over years of experience at senior levels. They promote greater information sharing for staffs and stakeholders. They provide realistic as well as reliable, consistent support and well-developed recommendations to various audiences in training and real world events. They will maintain the integrity of the training objectives, and maintain a knowledge base that is consistent with the requirements that cover the full spectrum of the listed Functional Area duties. SMEs serve as the catalyst for developing and evaluating requirements. They provide the expertise and insight to support programs and leaders at all levels, including very senior levels, civilian and military sectors.
The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced training SME in Joint/Partner Nation Training task requirements. In addition, he/she will have excellent public speaking, presentation, and time management skills, as well as at least three years of applicable Training SME experience in:
- Conducting fleet training analyses to identify gaps, training needs, and solutions
- Developing and modifying training event/exercise scenarios and curricula
- Delivering training in person and/or online
- Developing training curricula
- Managing training projects
- Designing custom training to meet Fleet and Joint/Partner Nation training objectives
Specific Functional Area duties include:
- As the Ground Operations SME, provide support and assist with implementing the execution of all four phases of the Joint Training System (JTS) (requirement identification, planning, execution, and assessment) for the U.S. Navy’s Joint National Training Capability (JNTC) accredited and certified joint training programs (Fleet Synthetic Training [FST], Joint Task Force Exercise [JTFEX], Composite Training Unit Exercise (C2X), and Air Wing Fallon [AWF]).
- Support planning and execution of the Navy’s accreditation/certification and mitigation processes.
- Provide support throughout CONUS and OCONUS regions in direct support of JNTC global requirements to bring joint context to all operating forces when participating in training program events.
- Develop joint requirements, joint tasks, and training event scenarios for JNTC sponsored training events.
- Assist government representative/stakeholders to obtain joint, interagency and partner nation context and participation in all JNTC training events.
- Develop tactics, techniques and procedures (TTP), training documents (e.g., Combined Forces Land Component Commander Operations Orders, Scheme of Maneuver plans, Special Instructions, etc.), and standard operating procedures (SOP) and identify media analysis activities.
- Support planning and execution of the JNTC Accreditation/Certification and mitigation processes for Navy Joint training programs.
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding the JTS, the continuity and experience of working in the joint environment and the integration of JS J7 resources that support the training audience.
- Oversee the planning, preparation, execution and assessment of planned JNTC events and ensure they are in accordance with the JTS by coordinating through USFF regarding the availability of resources and the participation of Joint, Partner Nation and Interagency forces necessary to ensure the appropriate elements of joint context are available.
- Facilitate event control, ensuring elements of joint context are integrated, and facilitate joint after action reviews (JAAR) and post event reporting.
- Replicate response cell controllers (e.g., friendly, threat, and neutral) and role players (e.g., intelligence, interagency, logistics, foreign government diplomats, and information operations).
- Coordinate, validate, prioritize and synchronize Navy and joint training requirements among partner nation training requirements in bilateral and multilateral training events.
- Facilitate bilateral and multilateral after action reviews and lessons learned resultant of training and certification events.
- Assist the Joint Exercise Control Group (JECG) in the development of the scenario and specific storylines that ensure the commander’s training objectives are accomplished.
- Develop planning guidance and implementation directives for JNTC events.
- Recommend event support systems based upon training objectives, scenario, and operational environment.
- Assist with joint training and training transformation (T2) policy development and implementation.
- Assist in the development of policy position papers and liaise with the Joint Staff military/civilian/ contractor personnel in the advancement of naval T2.
- Assist in data collection and mentoring at joint participant locations and complete the joint training summary report (JTSR).
REQUIRED EDUCATION / SKILLS:
- Must be a U.S. citizen with a Secret clearance and Bachelor of Arts or Science degree.
- Active military duty experience including recent Joint training and operational experience at a major command/staff at the senior Enlisted/mid-grade officer level or higher.
- Six (6) years of technical and general Training SME/Analyst experience (eight years in lieu of degree will be considered)
- Three (3) years of applicable Training SME and Functional Area experience (see detailed tasks above).
- Must possess proven written and verbal communication skills at the junior management and senior executive level, and be able to act independently and manage time effectively.
- Experience in use of MS Office (e.g., PowerPoint) products.
- Must be willing to travel overseas and in CONUS up to 10 percent of the time.
- Joint Force Land Component Command (JFLCC) experience (USMC or U.S. Army).
- Familiarity with the Optimized Fleet Response Plan (OFRP), Fleet Response Training Plan (FRTP) and Fleet Training policy documents, including the Fleet Training Continuum (FTC), as well as the Maritime Operations Center (MOC) concept.
- Recent experience in Army or Navy/Marine Corps exercises and exercise/event planning, particularly in the Pacific area of operations.
- **Current DoD Secret clearance REQUIRED. ***
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 14, 2016, 4:21:46 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: