Full Time Employee Contractor
ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Service Desk Specialist. This is a customer-facing position with frequent interactions with IT leadership requiring excellent communication skills.
Performs a variety of analytical tasks which are broad in nature and are concerned with the design and implementation, including personnel, hardware, software and support facilities and/or equipment. Supervises team through project completion. Plans and performs analytical research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering and customer specifications. Responsible for major technical/engineering projects of higher complexity and importance than those normally assigned to lower level engineers.
Responsible for providing telephone support to end-user community on complex hardware, software and network related problems, questions, and use. May provide training and guidance to more junior help desk personnel. Provides first level problem resolution on the telephone with users, walks the user through a series of steps to determine problem and classify level, priority and nature of problem. If unable to diagnose problem and/or problem requires physical interaction with end user dispatches field engineers from appropriate team. Opens, tracks and closes trouble tickets; ensures problem ownership and promotes end-user satisfaction. Tracks activities of field engineers to who tickets were assigned. Trained and certified in automated help desk management systems.
· Experience with service desk support, monitoring. and management tools (i.e., Siebel, E-requestor, Altiris, Remedy etc.)
· Experience with Microsoft Business Class Applications. MS SharePoint.
· Experience in managing all phases of Enterprise IT Operations issue workflow in any Ticketing Service Desk Model
· Experience in quality assurance documentation
· Experience in planning and forecasting resource needs in DOMEX IT Service Infrastructure
· Experience in facilitating meetings to solicit feedback from users
· Experience in defining, acceptance criteria and coordinating and executing user acceptance
· Experience in IT Services reporting, tracking, and resolution
· Required certified DoD 8570 Level II IAT
· ITIL V3 Fundamentals trained
Work in Information Technology Services Management with at least ten (10) years of related experience, at least 2 working with Service Ticket Software, (5) five of which will be on DoD Intelligence Networks.
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institute in an area applicable to this position (e.g. information systems, computer science, math, or engineering) or equivalent experience.
TS/SCI with the ability to pass CI Polygraph
To apply for this job, contact: