Full Time Employee Contractor
ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Hardware Engineer Specialist. This is a customer-facing position with frequent interactions with IT leadership requiring excellent communication skills.
Under general direction, designs and develops equipment, processes and systems that involve data networks, communications, and display. Analyzes equipment specifications and process requirements to conceive a practical design. Determines feasibility from technical and economic perspectives. Coordinates and consults with systems engineers and customer representatives to resolve design problems. Develops and maintains technical procedures, documentation and manuals. Compiles and analyzes operational data and directs tests to establish standard for new designs or modifications to existing equipment, systems, or processes. May supervise the work of technicians and technologists who provide technical support.
· Experience with service desk support monitoring, and management tools (i.e., Siebel, E-requestor, Altiris, etc.,) at least 1 year working with Altiris Ver 7 IT Management Suite for service requirements traceability
· Experience with DODIIS operating systems Window XP, Windows 7, Server 2008, Linux RHEL, VMWare ESX hosting on NMEC baseline processing infrastructure HP c7000 enclosure, with HP BL, DL business class servers
· Experience with managing and perform a RMA service framework in DoD, Intel area with special data and material releasability restrictions
· Experience with setting up, configuring, and troubleshooting hardware architecture of servers, desktops, communications components, utility auditing appliances, utility file transfer appliances and peripheral printing resources
· Experience in design and setup of material lifecycle maintenance and warranty plans to include configuration control, material logistics traceability, and external vendor lifecycle support traceability
· Experience in the material repair logistics between commercial vendors and federal agencies to include classified material handling, destruction and repair limits
· Experience in the material repair logistics between commercial vendors and federal agencies to include traceability in vendor component white papers, recalls, service upgrades, and vendor certified technician maintenance and warranty limits
· Experience in asset inventory control and management for Information Technology Enterprises
· Experience in hardware configuration management procedures, and records
· A+ Certification (Required)
· HP Certified Technician
A minimum of five years of relevant technical experience in systems administration activities such as the isolation and resolution of complex hardware and software problems involving the application, the operating system, the hardware, or any combination thereof.
Requires Bachelor's degree in engineering or applied science, or equivalent and seven to nine years of related experience.
TS/SCI with the ability to pass CI Polygraph
To apply for this job, contact: