Full Time Employee Contractor
ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Subject Matter Expert. This is a customer-facing position with frequent interactions with IT leadership requiring excellent communication skills.
We are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer with in-depth storage administration and engineering experience. Investigates and resolves operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel.
The candidate will provide planning, technical expertise, and direction regarding computer and network services for both local and wide area networks, serves as high-level technical expert in regards to computer/network systems and associated issues. Installs, configures, and maintains storage appliances and associated software, as appropriate. Maintain a broad knowledge of current and emerging state-of-the-art storage area networking technologies, architectures, and products. Provide on-call support as required. Essential duties include:
· Installing, Maintaining and troubleshooting EMC hardware. including: Symmetrix and CLARiiON enterprise storage arrays, and Cisco enterprise director switches:
· Installing, configuring, and maintaining EMC software, including: Symmetrix Enginuity, Clariion FLARE. Control Center, StorageScope, Navisphere Management Suite, and Cisco SAN and NEX OS:
· Manage and provision storage in compliance with customer's standards.
· Performs necessary storage infrastructure maintenance in accordance with EMC and customer's change management policies.
· Performs necessary data migration as required and defined by industry best practices.
· Provide after-hours support to controlled shutdown/power-up operations to allow for both routine and unplanned, emergency system maintenance on an on-call basis.
· Provides analysis of environment and best practice knowledge transfer.
· Generate regular operations reports using customer-supplied tools, such as EMC Control Center.
· Participate in root cause analysis reviews when applicable.
· Providing Hierarchical Storage Management SAN utilization and trending reports to ensure storage availability, as well as, forecast future enterprise storage acquisitions needs.
· Working experience configuring and allocating logical LUN storage devices.
· Working experience configuring and presenting host servers to SAN fabric zones.
· Experience performing LUN masking on storage arrays for LUN devices.
· Strategic and tactical plans for data survivability and recovery planning
· Assistance in the development of a concept of operation plans (CONOPS) to guide the tactical steps required to provide business continuance and disaster recovery
· Experience with application performance and latency problems from front, middle and Back End
· Experience implementing and supporting enterprise system monitoring tools
· Ability to analyze and assess computer/network architecture requirements and determine optimum, cost-effective solutions
· Meets certification requirement of DoD 8570.0IM CAT II IAT or DoD 8570.01M CAT I IAM
· ITIL V3 Fundamental certified
· VMware Certified Professional 4 (VCP) (Desired)
· EMC Proven Professional (Desired)
A Master's Degree from an accredited institute in an area applicable to this position (e.g. information systems, computer science, math or engineering). A bachelor’s degree and an additional two years of relevant technical experience may be substituted for the Master's Degree. 10+ years.
TS/SCI with the ability to pass CI Polygraph
To apply for this job, contact: