Full Time Employee
IT Technical Lead (Job Number:420632)
IT Technical Lead
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead initiatives regarding the research, identification, and implementation of new technologies and technical methodologies.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend emerging technologies and technology service providers.
- Research new solutions and create information briefs to describe potential technical solutions to customers
- Responsible for building the long-term strategic architecture roadmap for all systems and related services, aligned to the organization's enterprise and security architectures framework.
- Communicates the design, capabilities, alternative approaches, risk, schedule, and options of the team's IT services professionally to the customer and leadership.
- Coordinates the activities of others (customer, team members, and external stakeholders) and manages customer expectations and requirements.
- Assists customer and Project Manager in defining project scope and objectives and develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports when required.
- Conducts team meetings and serves as technical leader and mentor to a group of engineers and systems administrators, ensuring adherence to quality standards and reviewing enterprise architecture deliverables for accuracy.
- Applies high-level business and technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to arrive at creative engineering solutions.
EDUCATION: Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience.
- Strong experience in a large enterprise environment with a high level of customer focus in fast paced environment.
- Experience supporting Windows Server 2008
- Experience supporting Windows servers within a virtual environment.
- Red Hat Linux
- Experience supporting applications and tools such as Microsoft SCOM, Microsoft SQL Reporting Services/Queries, Microsoft SCCM, HBSS, Service Desk Management, CMDB tools, Service Catalog, Hyper Convergence Technology
- IT Asset Management tools within enterprise environments such as CA Technologies, Remedy, ServiceNow, etc.
- Experience with architecture using DODAF, and designing and implementing solutions.
The following certifications are required on day-1 of employment:
- CompTIA Security+ CE Certification
- One advanced certification such as Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX) or VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP)
- Must currently possess or be able to obtain a Secret level security clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 18, 2016, 9:51:51 AM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: