Aviation Recruiting (www.aviationrecruiting.net)
Full Time Employee
The Chief Flight Instructor is responsible for the oversight, management and proper execution of all flight training. Instruction is delivered using single and multi-engine Technically Advanced Aircraft and training devices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide safe, professional and quality training to customers using scenario based curricula approved by the General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) and all other company approved training courses.
• Utilize state of the art technically advanced aircraft and devices to conduct training that focuses on Crew Resource Management (CRM) and Aeronautical Decision Making (ADM).
• Ensure flight training curricula is compliant with all appropriate and applicable GACA regulations.
• Ensure all training records are current and compliant with all appropriate and applicable GACA regulations and company policies.
• Manage and oversee a team of flight instructors.
• Evaluate and assist subordinates in setting and achieving professional standards and goals.
• Develop and present reports outlining department goals and performance.
• Manage and oversee cadet training progress.
• Assist with initial, recurrent, upgrade and currency training for instructors.
• Assist with evaluations and check rides required within the flight training curricula.
• Recruit and maintain appropriate staffing levels to ensure efficient and scheduled delivery of training curricula.
• Communicate between various departments to ensure effective and efficient delivery of training curricula.
• Promote and uphold the company safety culture.
• Promote and professionally represent the company and the company brand.
• All other functions required by management.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline desirable.
• Current and valid FAA Certified Flight Instructor certificate with Instrument Privileges (SEL and MEL), or current and valid Certified Flight Instructor certificate with Instrument Privileges (SEL and MEL) issued by an ICAO member state.
• Holds a current and valid medical certificate required to perform the duties of the highest pilot certificate held.
• Meet the requirements of US FAR 141.35
• 2 years experience as a Chief Flight Instructor or Assistant Chief Flight Instructor desirable.
• Part 141 Check Instructor experience.
• Garmin G1000 experience desirable.
• Part 142 Training Center Evaluator experience desirable.
• Proven ability to use relevant management experiences and instructional skills in a highly challenging, highly structured learning environment
• Knowledge and ability to perform, instruct, and assess flight crew duties including teamwork, leadership, communications, and decision making
• Ability to interact positively with an international colleague and cadet cohort
• Proven ability to be flexible and to think "outside of the box"
• Must possess outstanding management and leadership capabilities with the ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
• Computer fluency to include: Windows, Microsoft Office Suite and Internet Explorer
• Fluency in written and spoken English
Please contact Terry Hunter or Rob Webb at 904.264.0097 or [email protected] / [email protected]
To apply for this job, contact: