Full Time Employee
SharePoint Developer (Job Number:420598)
SAIC is seeking a SharePoint Developer and Knowledge Management Analyst to provide support on-site in the Pentagon designing and implementing tools and technologies to promote knowledge management and collaboration.
The candidate will support the Deputy Chief Management Officer (DCMO), Directorate for Organizational Policy and Decision Support (OP&DS) in the Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD) with a portfolio of major Departmental activities to include assisting with tracking, supporting, and/or assessing strategic documents, senior leader decision-making bodies, implementation of organizational adjustments, and institutionalization of management reform initiatives.
The candidate will serve as a SharePoint Developer with responsibility for evaluating, designing, and developing application software using ASP.NET, SQL Server, Microsoft.NET Framework
The candidate will also use in-depth understanding of SharePoint 2010 and 2013, including Windows Workflow Foundation, InfoPath, and Form services, and MS Rights Management to solve technical and business problems.
SAIC is looking for an individual who has superior analytic, research, and technical skills and who is poised, articulate, and comfortable working with senior government officials.
This position requires the ability to utilize, configure, and maintain knowledge management/decision support tools, in particular MS SharePoint and .NET applictions, in order to track strategic actions.
Candidate duties also include soliciting input from users for upgrades and additional functionality of the tools offered and researching the availability of new tools to assist in better meeting user needs.
Required Educational Background:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Computer Science or a related field.
- This position requires 3-6 years experience with the Department of Defense.
- Fundamentally requires an open and creative mind, the ability to conduct rigorous analysis with limited oversight from senior management, and the ability to present difficult concepts in simple terms.
- Extensive background and training in the application of various knowledge management and collaborative tools including MS SharePoint and SharePoint Designer is required.
- Requires demonstrated experience in SharePoint Developer with responsibility for evaluating, designing, and developing application software.
- Requires demonstrated experience developing, analyzing, and re-engineering business processes and standard operating procedures.
- Requires in-depth understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field.
- Requires demonstrated experience in implementing workflows and processes to manage information using collaboration and knowledge management platforms
- Experience in MS Office applications and online research tools
- Candidates must have experience directly engaging with users of knowledge management tools to solicit input and troubleshoot issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required together with proficient research and analytical skills.
- Candidates must be committed to exceptional client service and professionalism while working at the client site.
- Experience with MS Rights Management.
- Ability to work in a dynamic government work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to problem-solve in a time-constrained environment and to take initiative and work independently as appropriate.
- Ability to prioritize tasks through strong organizational skills.
No travel anticipated
Active DoD Secret clearance required
Military Base access required (Pentagon)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 12, 2016, 10:16:12 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: