Tatitlek Corporation (http://www.tatitlek.com/)
Full Time Employee
Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
The Jr. System Administrator (JSA) provides daily system support including hardware, operating system and applications installation. Troubleshoot system and user problems. Manage user accounts. Perform system maintenance on software; evaluate, test and integrate upgrades to hardware; upgrade operating systems and applications. Investigate problems, research and develop effective and logical solutions considering operational policies and information assurance requirements. Provide accreditation and SSAA support as required. Must be able to work independently or in a team and be willing to interact with other group members and users at all levels of the organization. The position is not covered under the Service Contract Act (SCA) Davis Bacon Act (DBA), or union.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Install any of the following operating systems: Windows Workstation 7 and 8.
- Troubleshoot system and user problems.
- Perform system maintenance on both hardware and software; evaluate, test and integrate hardware and software upgrades.
- Document all work performed on current and new systems by describing all relevant factors.
- Install and troubleshoot printers.
- Install and troubleshoot desktop applications
- Experience with DoD Information Assurance (IA) policies and tools, such as ACAS, DISA STIGs, etc
- Knowledge of and understanding of basic networking like DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, installing IP addresses, Active Directory and User Profiles
Education and Experience
- 2 years of Systems Administration experience in the real-world setting or 5 years of experience in Computer Operations, Customer Support, or another related area.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, be capable of explaining simple procedures in writing or verbally, and good telephone skills.
- Demonstrate familiarity with an operating system and its commands/utilities at a user level such as editing files, issuing commands, finding user home directories, navigating through a file system, and using I/O redirection.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow instructions well.
- Must be DOD 8570.01-M, chapters 3 and 4 IAT2 certified
- The JSA should hold a minimum of a Secret clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Individuals must have a working knowledge in the following areas: Networking topology, LAN & WAN environments, TCP/IP, UNIX, Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite products.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use fabrication tools; stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Additional Qualifying Factors:
As a condition of employment, candidates for posted positions must pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, Tatitlek will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances. May require occasional travel.
Native preference applies.
The Tatitlek Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veterans status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other status protected by law
To apply for this job, contact: