Econolite Group, Inc. (http://www.econolitegroup.com/index.php/careers/)
Full Time Employee
Aegis ITS, Inc. is seeking a dedicated full time Fiber Optic Technician for various Transportation System projects located throughout Southern California. The Fiber Technician will be expected to undertake a lead and/or a foreman role in the field for both aerial and underground fiber related work.
• Read blueprints or technical diagrams
• Terminate, splice, and install a variety of fiber optic connectors, closures and enclosures including both loose tube fiber and ribbon fiber
• Proficient in using fiber tools and fiber optic test equipment including fusion splicer, power meter and OTDR
• Ability to troubleshoot damaged fiber, effectively and efficiently
• Perform aerial construction activities, including but not limited to, installing aerial fiber, Installing splice closures, and performing cleanup work
• Perform underground construction activities, including but not limited to, pulling new cable/fiber through conduits, digging up and repairing damaged conduit and underground vaults or pedestals
• Must be comfortable working outdoors
• Ability to travel and stay overnight within the coverage area
• Follow state and local building regulations based on the National Electric Code
• Basic computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Serves as a proactive customer service & quality ambassador of Aegis ITS, Inc. by representing the organization in a positive, professional manner to support The Brand Promise
• Performs other duties as required and assigned
• Minimum of 4 years of splicing experience in telecommunications or utility industry (Fiber Optic fusion splicing and OTDR testing experience is mandatory)
• Current California NEC Certification preferred
• High School Diploma or GED
• Traffic Signal and Transportation Systems experience is a plus but not mandatory
• Must have a clean driving record
Some business travel from site to site within the state of California is required as this is a Journeyman trade position.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - Non-Smoking Facility
By submitting an application for employment, I the applicant, certify that all of the above information (including resume and other attachments) is true and correct to the best of my knowledge. I authorize Econolite Group, Inc. to request information from my previous employers and school officials and I release all concerned from any liability for furnishing such information. In the event of employment, I understand that willful omission, falsification or misrepresentation may constitute grounds for termination. It should be remembered, that employment is the mutual consent of Econolite Group, Inc. and the employee. Consequently, either the employee or the Econolite Group, Inc. can terminate the relationship “at will.”
In consideration of my employment, I agree to conform to all of the policies, rules and standards of the Company. I understand and agree to submit to a drug-screening and background check as part of a conditional offer of employment, and any other lawful pre-employment screening tests. I also understand that an offer of employment by the Company is conditional upon successfully passing a company-provided medical examination/drug screen and background screen. I understand that my refusal to take the medical examination/drug screen will cause the contingent offer of employment to be withdrawn and/or terminated if employed.
To apply for this job, contact: