Full Time Employee
Systems Administrator (Norfolk Naval Shipyard) (Job Number:420754)
- SAIC is supporting the design, development, administration and the application of information technology and telecommunication services in support of the overhaul, repair, and maintenance of the Navy’s fleet at the Information Technology and Cyber Security Office (ITACS) of the Norfolk Naval Shipyard (NNSY), Portsmouth, Virginia.
- SAIC will be performing tasks involving information systems applications, the legacy Shipyard Local Area Network (SYLAN), the Shipyard's Secure Network (SECNET), Naval Foundry and Propeller Center Internal Classified Network (NFPCICN), standalone systems, corporate support for other naval shipyards, and any other information systems for which NNSY is responsible.
- The successful candidate will:
- Provide Expert installation/maintenance/documentation and support for Web server installation, including IIS, Apache, and Oracle web servers.
- Provide mitigations and support for implementation of STIGs on same.
- Provide Mastery level support for Corporate System Application Configuration requiring institutional knowledge.
- Provide expert troubleshooting of system issues, requiring expert knowledge of firewall maintenance, DNS, networking, and switch configuration for support of UNIX/LINUX systems.
- Test proposed procedures and operating system patches for correctness and compatibility with existing application software and procedures.
- Provide Mastery level support to ensure security of all corporate data and Unix/Linux systems, including monitoring, developing intrusion response matrix, and overall responsibility for the UNIX/Storage systems.
- Design/develop and test revised operating system configurations as necessary to support new and/or unique application requirements and implement new operating system software releases on UNIX servers.
- Systems supported include applications used in the support of ship maintenance and some contain non-vendor supported software requiring the institutional knowledge and experience to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues.
- Serve as technical Expert for UNIX and Network Appliance Storage Area Network and represent NNSY on various Technical Working Groups (TWGs).
- Serve as technical expert for Active Directory and represent NNSY on various corporate TWGs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Expert and Mastery levels with institutional knowledge and a minimum of 3 years’ experience, on the mission critical procedures, systems, and processes, as they pertain to the Public Naval Shipyards’ Information Technology and Cyber Security requirements.
- Experience and knowledge of the requirements to protect NNPI information and data that is housed within the systems in use at the Naval Shipyards.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be able to hold a Final DOD SECRET based on a final fully adjudicated clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 25, 2016, 9:50:19 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-NORFOLK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: