Full Time Employee
Network/System Administrator (Norfolk Naval Shipyard) (Job Number:420751)
- SAIC is supporting the design, development, administration and the application of information technology and telecommunication services in support of the overhaul, repair, and maintenance of the Navy’s fleet at the Information Technology and Cyber Security Office (ITACS) of the Norfolk Naval Shipyard (NNSY), Portsmouth, Virginia.
- SAIC will be performing tasks involving information systems applications, the legacy Shipyard Local Area Network (SYLAN), the Shipyard's Secure Network (SECNET), Naval Foundry and Propeller Center Internal Classified Network (NFPCICN), standalone systems, corporate support for other naval shipyards, and any other information systems for which NNSY is responsible.
- The successful candidate will provide administrative support for the creation and maintenance of network accounts and related processes in relation to all networks used at the Norfolk Naval Shipyard and its satellite locations IAW the established NNSY NAMO (Network Account Management Office) structure
- As NAMO agent, duties include:
- Processing of System Authorization Access Request – Navy (SAAR-N) forms to include: requesting the creation of NMCI, NMCI U-NNPI, NMCI SIPRNET, and NNPI SIPRNET network accounts utilizing the NMCI Enterprise Tool (NET) or the NMCI Service Request eForm (SReF); Liaison with NMCI customer service representatives to resolve account creation or logical move issues.
- Conducting liaison with Code 1230T for issues concerning user attendance to the mandatory NMCI NNPI training
- Updating network account creation workflow and user data in the Universal Technical Account Management (UTAM) application
- Providing Network Account Activation notifications to requesting user’s supervisor
- Processing Employee Checkouts; Assists customers; and; Filing of paperwork.
- Perform JPAS Background Investigation (BGI) verification on new users requesting network accounts to ensure minimum security requirements are met
- Processing Employee Checkouts; Assists customers; and other associated administrative office functions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Two (2) years’ experience with U.S. Navy networks and network account administration or similar experience.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be able to hold a Final DOD SECRET based on a NACLC or ANACI security investigation.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 25, 2016, 8:49:06 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-NORFOLK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: