Full Time Employee
Network Engineer (Norfolk Naval Shipyard) (Job Number:420756)
SAIC is supporting the design, development, administration and the application of information technology and telecommunication services in support of the overhaul, repair, and maintenance of the Navy’s fleet at the Information Technology and Cyber Security Office (ITACS) of the Norfolk Naval Shipyard (NNSY), Portsmouth, Virginia.
SAIC will be performing tasks involving information systems applications, the legacy Shipyard Local Area Network (SYLAN), the Shipyard's Secure Network (SECNET), Naval Foundry and Propeller Center Internal Classified Network (NFPCICN), standalone systems, corporate support for other naval shipyards, and any other information systems for which NNSY is responsible.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide expert level support and oversight for the development, configuration, management and administration of all Information Technology (IT) network security hardware and software resources used at Norfolk Naval Shipyard and its satellite locations located in Philadelphia, PA; Goose Creek, SC; Kings Bay, GA; Mayport, FL; Norfolk, VA; Newport News, VA; Yokosuka, Japan; Guam; and Diego Garcia.
- Assist in the Installation and maintenance of the hardware and software on the shipyard’s legacy networks (both wired and wireless), secure networks, and/or standalone computer systems (that are not attached to the networks) to ensure they remain secure and in compliance with all requirements.
- Provide expert level support for the Aruba-based Wireless Network, including system design, security, testing, and implementation and training of other system administrators and users.
- Perform expert level network security support, including system design, security, testing, and implementation and training of other system administrators for the specific hardware and software installed and used at NNSY (see below for detailed information).
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND GENERAL EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology in related field and a minimum of three (3) years’ experience working directly in the IT field.
REQUIRED SPECICALIZED EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience at the expert or mastery level in and knowledge of the mission critical procedures, systems, and processes, as they pertain to the Public Naval Shipyards’ Information Technology and Cyber Security requirements.
- Institutional knowledge of and a minimum of 3 years’ experience pertaining to the mission critical procedures, systems, and processes, as they pertain to the Public Naval Shipyards’ Information Technology and Cyber Security requirements.
- Knowledge and a minimum of 3 years’ experience with the requirements to protect NNPI information and data that is housed on the systems and networks in use at the Naval Shipyards.
- Knowledge and proficiency to configure, install and administer the following hardware/software(including, but not limited to):
- Hardware: network switches (CISCO Nexus series 3000/5000/7000 and Cisco Catalyst series); routers (CISCO series 2800, 2900, 6500 and 7600); McAfee Firewall Enterprise; Cisco Secure Access Control System Appliance Model # 3415, Iron Port eMail Firewalls; CISCO Wireless Intrusion Prevention Systems (WIPS), Aruba wireless networks, AirTight Network Devices, McAfee Firewall Enterprise, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Juniper encryptors, External DNS, F5 BigIP.
- Software: MS Windows operating systems; UNIX/Linux operating systems; SQL Server 2008/2012; Cisco Secure Access Control System Ver. 5.4, Splunk, Solar Winds, Cisco ISE, and AutoCAD. o Wireless Network Hardware/Software: Including but not limited to; Aruba AP/WIDS Model #s 125/134 /135/175/225, Aruba Controllers Model #s 6000/3000, AirTight Network Devices, and Aruba Airwave Management Platform (Software).
- The ability to move and maneuver up to 50 pounds of weight (computer hardware, accessories, support equipment, etc.).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- CompTIA Net+ and Sec+
- Must have and be able to hold a DOD SECRET clearance with a final fully adjudicated clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 25, 2016, 1:29:13 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-NORFOLK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: