Full Time Employee Contractor
ManTech, a well-respected industry leader, is actively seeking talented professionals eager to support mission critical programs and solve some of the toughest problems critical to our great Nation’s security.
ManTech International is seeking a Network Engineer to support an emerging high profile programs in Stafford, VA.
Overview & Responsibilities:
· Designs, installs, maintain and coordinate the use of the network system.
· Evaluates hardware and software and peripheral equipment for simple networks.
· Manages network performance.
· Troubleshoots and resolves problems to ensure quality transmission service on the network.
· Maintains, and updates system security plans on most platforms.
· Administers network policies, procedures and standards. Enforces security procedures.
· Performs other duties as assigned which may require specific physical abilities.
· Interface with customers to collect and clarify requirements
· Manage network communications testing, installation, and support, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems
· Create and implement router and switch configurations
· Identify and diagnose problems affecting network performance using software and hardware tools
· Provide recommendations to enhance and improve network performance
· Troubleshoot network systems as needed
· Perform a broad spectrum of system engineering design, integration, and implementation tasks and activities, including personnel, hardware, software, budget, facilities, and/or equipment
· Interface with vendors to address problem escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance
· Provide routing network facility test and analysis, including power, software, communications, machinery, lines, modems, and terminals
· Provide quality assurance review and evaluation of new and existing networking products
Mandatory Required Skills:
· Requires Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science or Management Information Systems) or equivalent, and two to four years of related (data center environment) experience.
· DoD Secret level clearance
· Ability to obtain a DoD TS/SCI clearance/access
· Cisco CCNA (R&S, Security, and/or Data Center) certification
· Experience with MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio
Additional Skills, Experience and Certifications Preferred:
· Cisco CCNP (R&S, Security, and or Data Center) certification
· Experience with Routers:
· - Cisco ASR, 2900, CSR1000v; Juniper MX-5; Brocade NetIron; VyOS/Vyatta and/or Quagga
· Experience with Switches:
· - Cisco 6500, 4500, 3800, 3700, 3600, 3130; Juniper EX-4200; Brocade ICX; Dell 8024; VMware Standard and Distributed vSwitch
· Experience with Firewalls / Encryptors:
· - Cisco ASA; Sourcefire; Imperva Secure Sphere; Palo ALto 5000; McAfee NGFW; Juniper SRX and SG; Fortinet FortiGate; PfSense; KG-175D
· Knowledge of Layer 2 Technologies:
· - STP, VLANs, PVLANs
· Knowledge of Layer 3 Technologies: - Routing protocols (EIGRP, ISIS, OSPF, RIPv2, BGP)
To apply for this job, contact: