Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2015 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Manufacturing Electrical Engineer to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career,, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, IA. Relocation to Cedar Rapids is required
Are you looking for a rewarding job? Our team is seeking a passionate, self-motivated, and humbly confident engineer with good people skills that is looking to make a difference. This team is dedicated to quality and efficiency and this position will play a key role in both these areas. If you are ready to put your Engineering skills to use and make a difference in our customers’ lives, this is the job for you.
This position is for a Manufacturing Electrical Engineer seeking an experience that will involve technical support for test, design analysis, and applying engineering principles to improve product flow through our test process. If selected, the employee will become familiar with Rockwell Collins products, manufacturing objectives, test philosophy, along with state of the art manufacturing techniques.
Responsibilities Include (not limited to):
• Analyze product tolerances, margins, and specifications to improve test yields
• Coordination with design engineering on redesign of product and test equipment to resolve obsolete part, tolerance, and yield issues including initiation of Engineering
• Change Orders (ECO's) to resolve them.
• Suggest appropriate Product Producibility projects to improve product performance and margin.
• Provides technical assistance in evaluation of Customer Returned Goods to identify potential failure trends.
• Determine optimal test flow for the efficient flow of products through test while considering cost constraints.
• Assist in development and implementation of test procedures for new products.
• Participate in Production Readiness Reviews and Decision Point E reviews to determine suitability of new designs for production.
• Interfacing with design engineering in coordinating the release of new products and design changes required for sustaining production.
• Lead in analyzing test failures for root causes and corrective actions, prepares failure analysis reports as required for production.
• Develops working knowledge of test systems and hardware. Design or improve design of card test fixtures/equipment as needed to improve test flows.
• Provide technical assistance to sub-assembly and top-level testing.
• Collaborating with Application Engineering, Purchasing, and Suppliers to resolve piece-part application and yield problems driving product performance and flow.
• Collaborating with Test Technicians to train them on new products and test systems
• Responsible for improving test procedures and processes on legacy products at sub-assembly and/or top level assembly to optimize test effectiveness and efficiency.
• Analyze test processes and systems for cost reduction opportunities.
• Maintain control over Engineering Support costs to Manufacturing.
• Assist Manufacturing Management in determining appropriate test staffing and skill levels.
• Capacity planning and utilization analysis for accurate staffing and test equipment needs.
• Provide technical interpretation of drawings and specifications of products.
• Support Lean/Six Sigma initiatives.
• Provide Material Review Board analysis and disposition of Rockwell Collins products and/or supplier products.
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
• Applicant must be capable of obtaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required
• At least 2 Years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
• Experience troubleshooting Analog & Digital Electronics
• Knowledge of Root Cause and Corrective Action
• Experience with Statistical Process Control
• Use of Oscilloscopes
• A BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
• Former Rockwell Collins’ Employee, Co-op, or Intern
• Knowledge of RF Electronics
• Lean Manufacturing Tools
• Test Flow Optimization
• Test Fixture Design
• Design for Test
• National Instruments TestStand
• Software Debugging
• Boundary Scan/JTAG
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
• Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
• An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
• Tuition reimbursement
• And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Organization:** **C-Ave Manufacturing Operations*
**Title:** *Senior Manufacturing Electrical Engineer*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *IND00000075*
To apply for this job, contact: