Full Time Employee
Front End Developer (Job Number:420765)
SAIC is seeking a Software Engineer to work with a small experienced full-cycle software development team. The job location will be at their McLean, Virginia facility.
Job Description: The successful candidate will enjoy teaming with talented professionals working as a dynamic team engaged in developing net-centric enterprise software solutions to US Navy tactical decision makers. This development team will be analyzing emerging customer requirements and designing, developing, documenting, testing, and fielding web and desktop applications within the latest defense information Service-Oriented Architecture. The candidate will participate in full life cycle software development. Direct responsibilities will include applying software engineering principles in design, prototyping, coding, functional and unit testing, implementation, and documentation. The candidate may represent the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, focused contributor who enjoys the challenge of technical projects and works well on independent efforts and within small, fast-paced teams consisting of software and system developers, tacticians and subject matter experts, and government project specialists. The candidate will develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. Occasional travel within the Continental US may be required. Ability to obtain security clearance is required.
- B.S. (or higher) in Computer Science or a related engineering field.
- Five or more years of relevant experience
- U.S. citizen and able to obtain a Secret clearance
Desired Technical Expertise
- Dependency Injection Frameworks (e.g. Spring, Java EE)
- Object oriented design – apply design patterns to common problems
- Object-relational mapping frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
- Dependency management (e.g. Maven, Ant)
- Build Automation (e.g. Jenkins)
- Automated Testing (e.g. Junit, TestNG)
- Automated UI Testing (e.g. Selenium)
- Web Services (SOAP and REST)
- Geospatial processing
- Familiarity with OGC standards (WMS, WFS, SLD, and WCS)
- XML – should be familiar with XPath
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 7, 2016, 8:36:20 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: