Full Time Employee Contractor
Networking Instructor (Job Number:420691)
The Army recently established the Cyber School under the CCoE to train the new Cyber Branch/Career Field 17, which includes courses for MOS 17A, 170A, and 17C. Army Cyber School training includes Career Field 17’s (Cyber Operations) Basic Officer Leader Course (BOLC), Captain’s Career Course (CCC), Operations Officer Course (OOC), Advanced Individual Training (AIT), Advanced Leader Course (ALC), Senior Leader Course (SLC), Warrant Officer Basic Course (WOBC), Warrant Officer Advanced Course (WOAC), and other Cyberspace Operations courses as determined by the Army Cyber Commandant. The majority of these courses consist of technical cyber training validated by USCYBERCOM J7, DoD CIO, and the NSA.
The candidate shall provide instructional support and training development for the Cyber School. Personnel supporting the school shall assist and support the CCoE personnel and shall utilize and develop all training related products IAW all applicable regulations and SOPs (i.e. TRADOC REG 350-70 with appendixes). Instructors will facilitate adult learning through modern training techniques and methodologies and assist in developing Cyberspace Operations (CO) curriculum. The Cyber Common Technical Core (CCTC) course embraces the adult learning concept by creating an environment that is approximately 80% hands-on and 20% knowledge-based instruction.
- Bachelor's Degree and fourteen (14) years or more of related experience. Masters and twelve years or more of related experience.
- Must have networking expertise and experience equivalent to the CCIE- R&S or JNCIE-SP level
- Must understand networking from both the theoretical & practical perspectives
- Must be comfortable with reading and understanding Requests for Comment (RFC)
- Must be comfortable with taking an RFC for a networking protocol and creating a compliant implementation from scratch
- Must be proficient in python or ruby
- Must understand SDN
- Must have experience in instructing the aforementioned topics
- Possess and maintain the required security clearance (TS/SCI) throughout the contract.
- Possess skills/knowledge of performing office automation work that includes word processing, electronic mail, spreadsheets, presentations, and other personal computer applications; typing a variety of materials from rough draft into final form including narrative and tabular material, e.g., correspondence, reports, and forms; maintaining records, historical records, survey results, reference library of training catalogs, regulations and other miscellaneous publications; establishing and maintaining office functional files and reference files; knowledge management applications, e.g., SharePoint, Army training requirements and resources system (ATRRS), and Blackboard.
- Graduated the Army Basic Instructor Course (ABIC) and Support Cadre Training Course (SCTC). (Preferred)
Minimum Degree Requirements:
- The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree.
- In lieu of a Bachelor Degree, a minimum of 3 (three) additional years of experience in the above areas.
- Preferred degrees included Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, or an equivalent degree.
To apply for this job, contact: