Sears Holdings Corporation (http://jobs.sears.com/vet/learnmore_military.html)
Full Time Employee
This highly motivated individual will both implement and coordinate human resources functions within Kmart stores. He/she will have responsibility for store HR administration, associate screening, onboarding, and training, as well as employee engagement. This position reports to the Store Manager.
Non Negotiable(s)/Critical Success Factors:
• Collaborates with and supports store management to strategically build and foster a fun, team environment for store associates that reflects the mission and values of Kmart.
• Coordinates hiring process in collaboration with the store manager and assistant store manager(s) to ensure store has qualified candidates to fill openings.
• Maintains associate documents and files in compliance with company policy.
• Actively communicates and builds relationships with store associates to drive associate engagement.
• Ensures all associates receive appropriate orientation and training in accordance with specific job needs as well as company policies.
• Maintains working knowledge of Kmart’s employment policies and practices and ensures awareness and compliance throughout store.
• Escalates issues of importance to store management and district, regional and corporate partners if necessary.
Customer Focused -
• Coordinates associate recognition programs including birthday and anniversary recognition.
• Regularly updates associate communication bulletin board.
• Maintains an “open-door” policy to effectively address associate needs.
• Leads by example by exhibiting a positive attitude and a sense of collaboration.
• Responsible for coordinating and facilitating associate orientation.
• Initiates annual hourly employment review process by providing managers with necessary tools. Holds managers accountable to deadlines to ensure evaluations are completed within the appropriate timeframe.
• Adheres to privacy requirements and maintains confidentiality of associate information.
Process Thinking -
• Ensures all necessary new associate paperwork is submitted in accordance company guidelines.
• Maintains compliance with regard to associate drug testing and background check policies.
• Ensures store compliance for monthly HR Review process.
• Responds to associate inquiries on policy, benefits, and compensation; understands proper methods and resources available to obtain information or direct associates and/or managers regarding non-routine inquiries.
• Responsible for maintenance of online application system.
Effectiveness/ Attains Results -
• Understands HR Scorecard and assists management in holding associates accountable to meet defined goals.
• Proactively monitors ongoing associate training completion to meet 90% minimum monthly requirement.
• Processes and reconciles weekly time sheets; follows up with employees to ensure accuracy.
• Ensures that HR administration is completed in accordance with company guidelines.
• Maintains the online application system to ensure adequate candidate flow for hourly store openings.
• Maintains associate information in labor and scheduling tool to aide in optimal staffing with in store and compliance with federal, state and local labor laws.
Effective Decision Making -
• Assists in resolving associate issues; escalates issues to store manager or appropriate management as necessary. • Conducts candidate pre-screen interviews to provide store with a qualified candidate pool to fill open positions.
• Maintains working knowledge Kmart’s employment policies and practices and ensures awareness and compliance throughout store.
To apply for this job, contact: