Full Time Employee
Data Protection Engineer (Avamar) (Job Number:420950)
SAIC has an opening for a Data Protection Engineer located in Springfield, VA.
SAIC currently has an opening for a Data Protection Engineer with experience designing and operating data protection solutions within a Virtualized Infrastructure (VMware) architecture using physical and virtual server hosting, off-site data replication, service level storage solutions and monitoring and managing backup solutions for the Enterprise Server Operations Center (ESOC) supporting large data centers for the Vanguard 2.2.1 program.
The Vanguard 2.2.1 program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security support for the Department of State (DoS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program. The IRM program enables the Department of State to successfully carry out its foreign policy mission by providing enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for data center services, desktop computers, servers, networks, firewalls, voice and data communications and other unique enterprise applications.
Description of Duties:
- Provide onsite senior level engineering design and operations support to implement enterprise-level data protection solutions
- Operational readiness of all Backup servers and target storage devices
- Manage off-site data replication
- Maintain Service level storage solutions for Data Protection
- Monitoring and managing backup solutions
- Design and Operation to include: Virtual Machines (VM?s), Databases, storage pools, disk volumes, client node data, disk maintenance, user management, and OS management pertinent to Data Protection
- Responsible for DoS ESOC data protection systems that includes EMC Avamar, Data Domain and RecoverPoint solutions as well as VMWare?s SRM.
- Support Data Center migrations with Data Protection solutions
- Migration from legacy backup solutions (Tivoli)
- Support a rotational on-call posture after normal working hours in response to technical support requests.
- Occasional travel within the Washington DC Metro area to support various program initiatives
- Daily interactions with government clients related to meeting technical requirements for ESOC initiatives, and weekly reporting requirements
- 5+ years? experience w/ Bachelor?s Degree.
- Experience with Data Protection tools, architecture design and/or operations with progressive professional growth in duties and responsibilities is required
- Experience with information technology network design and/or operations with progressive professional growth in duties and responsibilities is required
- Experience with Windows 2008 operating systems and disk storage systems is required
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems and/or Engineering preferred.
- Current experience as an Avamar engineer for a large data center implementation or equivalent.
- Familiarity with Data Domain, VMWare vSphere backup solutions ? including Site Recovery Manager (SRM).
- Previous experience with Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) is not a requirement, but would be considered a plus, Tivoli is the legacy backup software that will be phased out.
- Certifications for Data Protection or Backup tools
Clearance Requirement: TOP SECRET (Active)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 7, 2016, 8:08:32 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-SPRINGFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: