Full Time Employee Contractor
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
As an Electro Optical Space Systems Engineer you will provide engineering and integration support to Government Contracting Officer Technical Representative for advanced electro optical technology space system acquisition & development programs.
Work with development contractors to design, build, test and deploy advanced
systems, creating new capabilities that are disruptive in time, CONOPS and/or phenomenology.
- Evaluate Contractor deliverables including: System Test Plans, design review packages,
CDRLs, test plans, test procedures and results; monthly status reports, Eamed Value
reports, Contract Funds Status Reports, and schedules -- provide recommendations and
feedback to COTR.
- Draft or provide input to COTR on Acquisition Plans, Program Planning, AS&T planning
and performance reviews, IMINT and AS&T Program Management Reviews and
Quarterly Performance Reviews.
- Develop Statements of Work, Requests for Proposal, Justification and Approvals for
other than full and open competition, Broad Area Announcements, award fee plans,
industry day briefings.
- Evaluate contractor/developer performance. Identify and assess program risks -- provide
recommendations to COTR.
- Provide Technical Evaluations of Contractor proposals through evaluation of contractor
basis of estimates and technical approach, identifying omissions, recommending
reductions, or identifying scope issues.
- Develop / update inter-agency agreements with external organizations to facilitate cost
sharing and mutually beneficial research and development.
Provide Independent Verification and Validation of spacecraft and sub-system hardware and
software produced by Prime/Development Contractors.
- Review and evaluate contractor designs, performance analysis and test results for
sufficiency and accuracy. Provide succinct recommendations to the customer.
- Review and evaluate Developer test plans, practices and command media. Provide
recommendations to the customer relative to established best practices.
- Provide recommendations for tailoring high-reliability specifications to enable low-risk, responsive space system development programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace or Systems Engineering or
similar technical degree supporting space system development required
- Master's Degree in Engineering or relevant technical field or a management program
focused on technical industries desired
-At least 10-12 years of experience in the design, manufacture ,and operation of EO space systems
- Experience in defense acquisition management, procurement, and contract administration
Security Requirements: U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI clearance based upon a SSBI completed within the last 5 years. Must be willing to submit to an initial and random polygraph.
Keywords: Space systems, Electro Optical or EO, acquisition, IV&V
To apply for this job, contact: