Full Time Employee Contractor
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Network Monitor to join our team in Herndon, VA to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech. Will provide 24/7/365 mission support to a variety of system applications and networks directly involved with the security of the United States.
Hours: 24/7 work environment requires shift work and “on-call status”. Shift hours include weekends and Holidays.
6:00PM TO 6:00AM. Shifts are 12 hours in duration w/ work every other weekend required (4 days on 4 days off, then 3 days on, 3 days off, repeating).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Remotely monitor and troubleshoot multiple systems across a worldwide enterprise network, document problems in trouble tickets, provide system status updates to the community and log system events.
• Interact with System Engineers, Integrators, and System Developers to understand minimum operating requirements, as well as, make regular contact with customer and System Developers in reporting problems and implementing resolutions to system anomalies.
• Receive internal training and is expected to complete the level 1 network monitor certification with 90 days of starting on the program. Additional training and a level 2 certification is also available for those individuals seeking greater responsibility and interaction with the customer, engineers and developers of these network systems.
Also, may include:
• Monitor system status
• Collect system status information and create daily status reports
• Examine metrics to ensure all system performance requirements meet or exceeds customer expectations
• Log all significant system events
• Prepare trouble tickets for significant system issues
• Assist in data capture to facilitate problem resolution
• Attend all relevant system training
• Must be able to remotely monitor/analyze systems, document network anomalies, apply basic troubleshooting techniques, operate in multiple OS computer environments, and have a basic network background.
• Knowledge of basic principles of computer, telecommunication, and peripheral equipment; computer and network operating systems; computer application software; computer and network system administration; hardware and software diagnostic procedure; and principles and practices of computer based record-keeping.
• Ability to work independently and with team members to coordinate tasks and resolves anomalies
Strong interest in technical fields such as Information Technology, System or Network Engineering or hardware integration.
TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance
To apply for this job, contact: