Full Time Employee
Project Manager (Job Number:420846)
Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) currently has an opening for a Project Manager supporting the PDSS team in Millington, TN. This position will support the Navy Personnel Command for project management of the EMPRS systems. The candidate will provide daily operational insight and management, dealing with highly successful task managers. He/she must be experienced in tracking and analyzing software development and operational progress against Performance Work Statement tasking. In addition to the duties as project manager, the selected individual will report directly to the onsite Program Manager in matters relating to EMPRS projects. Projects include Selection Board application suite, Kofax COTS/GOTS, and LiveCycle Applications.
- Provide guidance/training to product owners regarding Scrum and iterative deployment processes
- Maintain, product backlog in TFS and aid team in sprint backlog curation
- Update weekly report databases for command dissemination
- Ensure appropriate members of the DevOps team are engaged throughout each sprint
- Report and take action to mitigate identified impediments
- A Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience. Four additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- This position requires a self-motivated, professional individual with demonstrated progressive experience managing/tracking projects through the entire LiveCycle of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including:
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Knowledge of Document Control methods and release control.
- Experience in managing the highest level of all phases of electronic documentation to support the editing and publication of software
- Knowledge of Team Foundation Server supporting change management, asset management, defect tracking, and customer service requests
- Must be able to effectively coordinate complex operational assignments. The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal and people management skills, be adept in dealing with external/internal government customers at all levels, employees, government managers, and other business contacts. Must be able to immediately gain the confidence of the customer due to the criticality of the projects supporting command and Fleet personnel
- Demonstrated experience and a keen ability to discern critical paths to success, ensuring potential problem areas are identified long before they become showstoppers.
- Possess the ability to align the efforts of developers, system administrators, and test managers to meet project goals
- Must have excellent communication skills and demonstrate these on a daily basis to the government customers as well as company line management. Must communicate complex technical requirements to less technical senior leadership while possessing a thorough understanding of EMPRS’s architecture and application functionality.
- Must be competent in basic software programs, to include Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project
- Familiarity with governing policy & guidance relating to management of DON applications and databases desired
- Working knowledge of Navy Sailor-facing applications
- Navy Leadership experience
- Experience in managing Navy programs and projects. Understand the complexities of the NPC IT and Fleet programs support requirements at a user level.
- PMP, Scrum Master, Agile, or DevOps certification
- In- depth experience with the EMPRS system including both Selection Board and Production (Core Records, User Services, FITREP/EVAL) services.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: U.S. Citizenship is required.This position requires candidates that possess or are able to obtain a Secret clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 4, 2016, 7:13:02 AM
Primary Location: United States-TN-MILLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: