Full Time Employee Contractor
Applications Support Specialist/Help Desk (Tier 2) - PART-TIME
CGI Federal is a leader in IT Services and applications support. We are the technical team supporting the DHS and their learning and performance review management system (PALMS) and are tasked with maximizing the value and effectiveness of mission critical applications.
CGI is looking for an Application Support Specialist to provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) level support for a Learning and Performance Review Management System. The candidate must be able to interact with end users primarily via email or over the phone and must be willing to directly interface on-site with client. Must be able to work with a diverse group including System Developers, Database Administrator, and Product teams to record, manage and resolve system defects.
- Function as an Application Support Specialist.
- Responding to issues escalated from Tier 1 support as well as customer-directed calls and VIP support.
- Able to open and manage/track tickets in ServiceNow.
- Respond or resolve issues in accordance with SLAs.
- Review SLAs and response and make recommendations for improvement.
- Coordinate with developers and product teams.
- Research and develop temporary workaround solutions until a permanent solution can be implemented.
- 3 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience supporting web-based applications
- Customer-facing support skills
- Troubleshooting and complex problem solving ability
- Exposure to .NET applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL
- ServiceNow a similar help desk tracking tool
- Willing an able to field urgent phone calls for quick resolution.
- Ability to track and document ongoing and resolved issues and their resolutions, to include specific attention to details.
- Experience with DHS or a DHS component
- Experience with learning management systems
- Experience with performance review systems
- Knowledge of performance appraisal cycles
- Experience with JIRA or RALLY
- .NET development experience
- MS SQL administration or data analytics support
- Familiarity with ad hoc reporting tools
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Government consulting experience
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary depending upon specific assignment, or upon any US government security clearance if required. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI?s legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job, contact: