Full Time Employee Contractor
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Sr. Systems Engineer to join our team in the Washington D.C. area to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Provide security architecture and engineering expertise across agency initiatives to ensure a secure enterprise that includes internal systems (servers and endpoints), cloud services and external/third-party service provider systems.
• Perform research, evaluation and engineering of security technology, products, and solutions designed to safeguard, monitor, and assess the security of an organization’s IT assets.
• Provide information security engineering support to ongoing efforts to maintain the security assessment and authorization (SA&A) of a designated system or service.
o Coordinating with systems owners and project teams in completing the Change Identification Questionnaire (Change IQ) for the assigned projects or change requests. The Change IQ documents the type of change to include technical design and information. Developing, documenting and assisting in relaying security requirements for the proposed change or problem to the project stakeholders.
o Developing and documenting the Security Implementation Plan (SIP) for the assigned projects and assisting in relaying security requirements to the project teams.
• Support the development/maintenance of security configuration baselines to provide for consistent security configuration of web applications, operating systems, databases, and specific COTS and Open Source products.
• Create new ways to solve existing enterprise security issues
• Ability to translate tactical issues and address them from a strategic perspective.
• Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously; coordinating resources and ensuring scheduled goals are met.
• Awareness of current information security and privacy issues and the ability to interpret the requirements of relevant policies and standards set forth in OMB memoranda and NIST documentation, specifically, 800-37, 800-53A, FIPS-199/200, and 800-30.
• Ability to assess and weigh current and evolving security and privacy risks in an operational environment.
• Proven problem management skills with the ability to think critically. Must be able to leverage technology and apply critical thinking to gather, aggregate, and analyze data, and present results to senior clients.
• Ability to work effectively in a team management environment and participate in collaborative initiatives which foster the mutual exchange of knowledge and expertise.
• Ability to make decisions and resolve problems effectively – Seek out information and data to evaluate, prioritize and formulate best solution or practice.
• Must be able to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team, share workloads, and deal with sudden shifts in project priorities.
• Foster collaborative team approach – interacts well with front line and senior management providing consultation and expert advice on information security related topics.
• Effectively navigate political landscape and build and strengthen relationships at all levels to include other divisions and government vendor partners.
• Strong presentation and consulting skills.
• Must be able to develop meeting agendas and materials as well as facilitate meetings with the client.
Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Effective ability to effectively interact with various levels of senior management is necessary. Candidates must possess strong client interfacing and interpersonal skills. Candidates must be fluent in the English language.
Candidates may be asked to provide a writing sample.
APPLICANTS SELECTED WILL BE SUBJECT TO A GOVERNMENT SECURITY INVESTIGATION AND MUST MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCESS TO CLASSIFIED INFORMATION. MUST BE CLEARABLE TO PUBLIC TRUST.
To apply for this job, contact: