Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2015 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is located in Wilsonville, OR. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
Are you ready to join a team of passionate multi-skilled engineers in the development of complex electronics that make people’s lives safer? We are looking for a highly skilled self-motivated engineer to lead the architecture and design of our next generation products.
Rockwell Collins HGS Electrical Engineering is responsible for all electrical engineering tasks related to the design, analysis, test and certification of aerospace head-up display and guidance products, both in the commercial and military fields. The Senior Electrical Lead Engineer is responsible for the development of an HGS product from initial concept until the introduction into production.
This position is primarily a lead position with an emphasis on program coordination and execution. The lead is responsible for coordinating a group of electrical engineers in the development of digital and analog products in an avionics environment. The lead is responsible for schedule creation, schedule execution for performance against cost and milestone performance, and reporting of status on all associated tasks. This position will work with little or no supervision.
• Lead position with emphasis on program and technical coordination
• Manage program activities for a group of 3 – 8 electrical engineers
• Coordinate the design of electronic circuits for a commercial & military Head Up Displays or Helmet Mounted Displays
• Create, execute, and track program schedules
• Coordinate activities with Systems, Software, Mechanical, Optical, and New Product Development
• Oversee preliminary designs - including block diagram trade off studies and design reviews
• Oversee detailed designs - including schematics, design analysis, breadboard tests, and design reviews
• Oversee functional tests and design verification tests
• Lead the execution of Electrical Qualification Tests
• Lead the development of Support Test Equipment
• Oversee efforts of less experienced electrical designers
• Help define Production Test Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
• US Citizenship or Permanent Resident (Green Card) is required.
• Demonstrated experience as an electrical program lead and technical lead
• Digital and Analog Board Design, including FPGA
• Process Control - Requirements capture through formal verification
Additional skills a plus:
• EMI & Environmental Qualification Testing
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
• Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
• An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
• Tuition reimbursement
• And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Job:** **Electrical / Hardware*
**Organization:** **Head-up Guidance Systems Engineering*
**Title:** *Sr Lead Electrical Engineer - Head Up Guidance Systems (Portland, OR)*
**Requisition ID:** *ELE000000D4*
To apply for this job, contact: