Full Time Employee
Technical Editor (Job Number:420967)
- Prepares and edits technical documents to include customer technical documents, policies, procedures, and instructions.
- Works with Technical SMEs to prepare customer documents as needed.
- Prepares and edits technical documents for publication and web pages.
- Ensures publications meet editorial and customer standards for quality; graphics; format; and style.
- Interfaces with subject matter experts and PMO (Program Management Office) in coordinating the documents through the peer review process and adjudicating comments.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of related experience preparing and editing technical documentation and online information.
- Advanced skills in using Microsoft Office Word is expected.
- Increased abilities in Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project are a plus.
- Experience with using SharePoint or Wiki to work with files as well as creating and managing folders and workspaces.
- Familiarity with Apple computers and MAC OS is preferred.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 5, 2016, 1:23:58 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: